Working Moms
Options

would this bother you?

dd's daycare serves canned fruit in syrup.  it wouldn't bother me if it was once a week, but i'm looking at her menu and it's served everyday, sometimes twice a day.

do you think this is too much sugar for a toddler?  or do the nutrients in the canned "fruit" outweigh the sugar?

Re: would this bother you?

• Options
    I would probably talk to the director about your concerns.  I think they are valid.  My center tries to mix it up in terms of the fruit served.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    Yes that would bother me. I don't think anything served in syrup is a good idea. Especially when they can buy the fruit in its own juices.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yes that would bother me
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Options
    yea I was starting to worry about this at my center also...They do give fresh fruit also but the majority is canned. I try to give her fresh fruit and veggies when we are home.
  • Options
    Yes, I wouldn't like that and would talk to someone about it. Once in a while would be OK, but not several times a week.
  • Options

It would bother me too

• Options

I serve dd a mix of fresh and canned fruit but I always buy the canned fruit that is served in its own juices and not the syrup.  Her daycare sometimes serves the heavy syrup stuff.  I send her to DC with a few cans of the "fruit juice" fruit so they serve her that instead. 

I would talk to the director and consider sending her with other food.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"