C-sections

How many of you had your baby on your scheduled day.

I have my repeat C/S on May 29th, i have everything planned out as to where DS is going to be. Did any of you go into labor before you were scheduled? What did you do with older children when not planned?
Married since June 2007 ~ TTC June 2007 BFP #1 8/24/07 ~ M/C 10/31/07 Emergency D/C (8w) BFP #2 5/22/09 ~ DS born 1/30/10 BFP #3 8/22/11 ~ EDD 6/2/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How many of you had your baby on your scheduled day.

• My DD came on the scheduled c-section date.  Hoping this one does as well, but we have a back up plan, (calling DH's cousin who lives around the corner) if we have to run to L&D in the middle of the night.  Otherwise my parents are coming to stay with kids when I go in for the scheduled C.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am currently scheduled for my 3rd c-section...DS #1 came the day before he was scheduled, DS #2 came 3 weeks before....they are not expecting me to make it to my scheduled day either given my history....we will see

Court
    DH 40  ME 40
    GD, Myasthenia Gravis, Factor V Leiden

DS #1 born via emergancy c-section 01/23/06 at 37w

DS#2 born via c-section 10/27/2007 at 36w due to PROM

DS #3 born via repeat c-section 04/13/2012 at 39w

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away." - George Carlin
  • Loading the player...
  • I was scheduled for 9/15 and had EVERYTHING planned.  LOL....I went into labor on 9/8.  I never in a million years would have thought I would have gone that early. 

This go around, we'll probably have my MIL on call for Grace b/c she has August off and at this rate, my repeat c/s will be 8/29.  She's pretty good so if I were to go into labor at any point day or night, I know she'll just hop in the car and come to our house or meet us at the hospital if need be.

BFP #1 5/10/06 ...m/mc @11.5w 6/29/06 D&C 6/30/06
    BFP #2 10/29/08 ...stillborn via c/s @41w 7/20/09
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    missing my baby everyday
    BFP #3 1/20/10 My angel's little sister Grace Madison was born September 8th 2010 @37w. We're so blessed! Thank you angel for getting her here safely.
    BFP #4 12/30/11. Jackson Christopher 8/22/2012 via repeat c/s @ 37w 3d
  • He was born on his scheduled day. I was in early labor a few days before that, but ignored the "signs". He was scheduled at 38w1d due to medical reasons.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I am terrified that I'm not going to make it to our scheduled day.  We're about 500 miles from family and even though my parents are coming out, they aren't planning to come out until the day before my scheduled day so that they can spend more time with the baby after he's born! 

With DS1, I was induced at 41w1d and ended up with a C-section.  With this baby, I requested to be scheduled closer to 40w so my doc scheduled me at 39w6d.  We've got friends who we can call if I were to go into labor early but they all have kids themselves and I hate to saddle them with DS1 (even though I'm sure they wouldn't mind) just because it could obviously be any time, day or night.  The closer I get, the more worried I get!

• I was scheduled to deliver at 39w3d. She was born at exactly 36w. DS was already with his grandparents since we were in the hospital for an NST on the day DD was born. They were only expecting to keep him for the morning, but ended up watching him for the 4 days we were in the hospital.
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I made it to my scheduled c-section date.

If I had gone into labor earlier, my parents would have watched my oldest.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son (breech baby) was born 3 days before the scheduled date at 38 weeks and a couple of days.  This baby (also breech) is scheduled to come on the 20th at 39 weeks 5 days, and I'm really hoping it would happen as scheduled...  I understand your worry about your older one.  I'm more concerned about my son than myself having another c-section!
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD was our first, and she arrived before her scheduled c-section date.  We were actually in the process of getting the c-section scheduled for the day I would have hit 39 weeks when my water broke.  I have that fear this time and need to come up with a plan for DD since my our families live about 40 minutes away (though we're only 5 minutes or so to the hospital).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My water broke the day before my scheduled csection with DS1 which was 10 days before his due date.  RCS is scheduled for 39 wks for LO.  I had twins 3 yrs. later but they were RCS @ 36 wks. so I don't think they count for this.  I hope I can go to my scheduled date! 
  • On 3/8 I scheduled my surgery for 4/4, and my water broke on 3/11. My LO was born at 35 wks, 5 days. She's my first so I didn't have to worry about setting up care for other children. For the next go round, we'll most likely have either my parents' or MH's parents take care of our LO. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Despite the contractions that started at 32 weeks, the 3 separate hospital stays from pre-term labor, and 6 weeks of bed rest, I had dd on the day she was scheduled.
  • I had DS on the scheduled day, but not at the scheduled time. I was bumped for an emergency c/s (which I'm totally fine with - I'm glad I wasn't the one having an emergency).

The only problem I had was that I was scheduled for 1.30pm. I had to fast since 5.30am. So, by the time my heavily pregnant, starving and thirsty body got to eat/drink - it was the next day.

• Mine was actually the next day. DH and I waited at the hospital for 8 hrs and kept getting bumped for emergencies, so we ended up having to come back the next day to have her. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 40w & 5 days was scheduled day & baby waited till then. Nothing was pressing on my pelvic region (baby's booty was off to the left), so labor wasn't going to progress much.  Although I was in "early labor" with no progression for two weeks, contractions 3-10 minutes apart the entire time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"