Upstate NY Babies
Options

Gardens and compost ??

We are starting a garden this year. I'm dealing with rocky clay soil so we are going to have to dig up and re-lay soil. Expensive, so I want it to be worth it. I want to try a compost pile to assist in fertilizing more naturally. I don't know how to go about doing this. Before I google, anyone have any tips on this or good sources/websites I can go to?

Also, what should I plant? What grows well in this area?  We like all veggies, big part of our diets. What has grown well in this area/what doesn't. We definately want tomatoes and squash (zucchini and yellow). I'm thinking peas and beans? The area will have morning sun and afternoon shade. Any words of advice before starting? TIA

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

Re: Gardens and compost ??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"