Michigan Babies

Looking for an OB that goes to St. Mary's

oandmplus1oandmplus1 member
edited July 2021 in Michigan Babies

My insurance has changed recently so that if I were to have a baby (in the future) any where other than St. Marys or a Trinity Health facility, it would end up costing quite a bit more. DH and I are planning on TTC again, so I would like to find a doctor now since my annual exam is coming up.

I delivered my last baby at Spectrum, I loved my doctor and the hospital, but it isn't worth that much extra money for me.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for doctor's that deliver at St. Mary's?

Re: Looking for an OB that goes to St. Mary's

• Try the Advantage Health Downtown office, particularly Dr. Leahy but all Drs. in that office are very good.
  • I agree...try Advantage Health.  I loved every doctor there as well as the nurses and other staff.  I particularly liked Dr.'s Leahy, Avery and Mathis.  Dr. Mathis ended up being the doctor that delivered my daughter.  Because they work on a rotation at the hospital, you will be scheduled with every doctor at some point.  I appreciated this because when it came time for delivery, I didn't have to worry that my doctor wouldn't be available and I wouldn't have to meet someone at that time since I already new them all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickera>
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Avantage Health on the Beltline. Dr. Kirsten Anderson delivered my daughter and was wonderful. I also seen Dr. Bennett and she was wonderful and very thorough with all visits. You will be scheduled with all 5 doctors in the office so you will be familiar with whoever delivers. Good Luck!!
  • I also use the Saint Mary's OB GYN on the Beltline and have met all 5 doctors there. (Anderson, Turke, Zylstra, Bennet, and Gorsuch.)  They are all very friendly and are willing sit down and answer any questions I have. It's easy to schedule appointments there too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"