Breastfeeding
Options

Stay at home mom pumping question

How many of you ladies stay at home and also pump? I really don't see any reason for me to pump other than to let my husband take over a feeding or two a day. Just wondering how many of you ladies who are stay at home moms started pumping and when.

Re: Stay at home mom pumping question

• Options
    In the beginning I had an over supply so I would pump to build a freezer stash. I wanted to have a large enough freezer stash to feed DD in case I could not. My biggest fear was getting an infection and needing to take antibiotics that would harm DD. Thankfully I have not had a need to use my stash. On the bright side now that my supply is dipping I have enough milk in the freezer to supplement for at least a month. If the need to use the milk never arises you can always donate it to a milk bank since they never have enough.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I pumped more in the beginning to be able to use it while out of the house. I've been NIP more often lately and too lazy to pump, but sometimes it just easier to give that bottle. It's hard to walk around Target with a baby on your boob. Do-able, but hard.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I do so I can have abit of a social life. Nights out , weekends away, full night of sleep, etc. I'm not chained to the pump, but im not chained to the boob either.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I do but that is because I mainly pump.  I would need to anyway because I go to school 2 nights a week and am gone for 5 hours one night and at least 4 the other.  I have a nice freezer stash and haven't had to get into it yet, but the plan is to ep to 6months if breast feeding never works out, then go through the freezer stash so she can have breast milk for a while longer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I pumped just enough for the few times DH and I had a date or I had a girl's night. I only used the manual pump and it was sufficient.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I pump every night while DH gives a bottle of pumped milk to DS. I only pump as much as he eats at that feeding. I also have to pump a bit before each feeding, especially in the morning, due to fast letdown/oversupply. 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options

I pump every night while she gets a bottle.  Usually last night's pumped milk is tonight's bottle.  I like it because after her last breastfeeding of the day (sometime between 6 and 8 pm), I hand her over to her dad and I feel like I am off the clock even though I still have to pump.  He plays with her, handles her bottle (sometime between 8 and 10) and then puts her to bed so it's nice for him.  We are usually all together during the pumping/bottle feeding so it's not really necessary that I pump but we all like this arrangement. 

I also like having enough for a bottle in the fridge in case I do want to leave her with someone during the day (and then I pump when I get home). 

I had a very small freezer stash, but I used most of it up and I'm not planning on replacing it unless I get more than a bottle's worth in a pumping session.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"