Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Need cure for diaper rash...STAT!

2»

Re: Need cure for diaper rash...STAT!

• Options
    The best cure for diaper rash if you can do it is to keep baby nakey and go outside in the sun when possible. Be smart about being in the sun don't burn baby DO NOT wipe the baby use the sink or shower to gently rinse away the poo. Don't add anything just fresh air and a little sunshine and baby will be like new in no time.
  • Options

Let him lay on towels NAKED and when you need to carry him cover his bottom with loose towels... just keep his diaper off. Worked for my baby :)

My baby actually gets a WORSE diaper rash with creams and pastes... must be a small allergic reation. Maybe your baby is like that too.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bordeaux Butt Paste, love the stuff
  • Options

Bag Balm.. I am having my third and I have used it on both my boys and it works fanastic... I would not use anything else... They actually use it for dairy cows to help the chaffing on there nipples from milking... Sounds gross but it works like a charm and in half the time.

• Options
    If the diaper rash is a yeast infection (which is common with antibiotics).use a yeast infection cream and stay away from baby powders made from corn starch, because corn starch feeds the yeast, instead just use tapioca starch....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1. No wipes! Some wipes contain alcohol and it burns! Only warm wash cloths or rinse in the sink or bath tub.

2. Baking soda baths are great. Any chance to get him out of the diaper will do wonders whether he's soaking or just feeling the breeze.

3. Triple Paste worked wonders for me but once it is mostly healed I like to use Calmoseptine because it provides a thick barrier and protects the skin from pee and poop so it has a chance to continue healing instead of getting worse... you can ask for it at the pharmacy counter.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!

• Options
    This will probably sound funny, but you can go to a feed type store and buy a cream called Corona (like the beer). Put it on before bedtime and it should make a big difference by morning. Hope this helps.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    i don't know if you still need it but when my baby had a really bad diaper rash that wasn't getting helped by anything. his pediatrician told us how to make a certain cream. he called it butt cream but you just mix desatin, neosporin, and corn starch. and his little butt was 100% better in two days.
  • Options

My sister puts her daughter in cloth diapers along with whatever remedies she uses anytime a rash appears.  The regular diapers create a stuffy situation, while the cloth diapers allow for more air circulation.  It clears up pretty much overnight.

Although, if he has the runs, I'm not sure how plausible that it. 

My sister even lets her daughter go without a diaper at all for a while after her bath, or just a towel or whatever else around her so she doesn't pee the floor, which works because I'm sure ALL babies just instantly pee the bath.

Trying for a natural birth, and breast fed, cloth diapered child!
  • Options
    If none of the usual creams/ ointments work along with only cleaning with warm water and a wash rag there may be more to it. If DS hasn't had the rash looked at by the pediatrician, you may want to have it looked at. It could be thrush. I hope baby feels much better soon!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter got a terrible diaper rash a few months ago. We went through quite a few brands of creams and nothing helped. Finally, my mom suggested plain old vaseline, and it worked! Now that's all we use on her.
    imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I use Caldesene powder which is specifically for diaper rash and in my opinion it works better than Desitin.
  • Options

Coconut oil!!! Works fantastic. It is all natural, has anti fungal properties, and smells great!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Coconut oil! It works!
  • Options
    well i am a grand ma so i am not up on all the new things and my daughters little boy maybe only had it once.. what i went though with my last child was hell. she had very sensitive skin. i could not use many of the diapers on her.   my mom bless her soul would say they got to air it out. and she would let  her go with no panties.  make sure your diapers are hypo allergenic.  also thoes wipes have achohol in them and it burns like crazy.,  desitin   is really good by you need to smear it on like iceing.    i will tell you i had a fall and became incontenent and  i got diaper rash. and  it is the very worst thing there is in this world  worse than a tooth ace worse than natural child birth.   i  would get in a cool tub. and it was soothing.  i would also put my grandson in a cool tub and it helped him. and if i had to do it every hour i did.   as i know how he felt.  it is amazing the things god teaches us. so what if they pea. so what if they poop    clean it up and move on.  its really important to keep him dry. unless you are using  the desitine. then still you need to air their business out.   also things that have acid  like fruits    will also  do it to them.  anything that would make you go to the bathroom make them go to the bath room . like apple juice.  depending on the age of your baby    just like adults  rice, cheese  and bananas  will constipate them .  and if they can just get a break from going it will heal.   teathing will also cause diaper rash.   so  its kind of a mute thing. i would not forget to get  them something for pain. you may sooth it   but it hurt   find out from you dr the does of tylonal or what ever they tell you. but if they tell you do not worry about it.    tell them that is not the answer you want.  it hurt and it hurts like hell. even if they say the diapers are hypo allergintic    change to another brand. not all co. tell the truth and its his little bottom that is hurting. when my mom was dying her skin was actually comming off around her bottom  due to the diaper rash. there is an ointment that the hospitals do not really carry. they call  it gold. it s very expensive. it cost  60 a tube. but this stuff really works. you may be able to as an icu nurse. for they will most likely know the name . we ordered it by the case for my mom.  good luck    . i think my mom use to use corn starch as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"