Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Baby look like father but not his?

So my DD father and I got pregnant the first time we had sex. We were together the whole time I was pregnant and until today. He's been asking for a DNA test because he wants to be sure. Which is understandable we had sex once and then I tell him were having a baby. Okay I've told him since the day he asked me for it that it was fine I really have no doubt that she's not his. Well she has his features her eyes,eyebrows,booty chin(lol), her nose, everything except her skin color and her hair for now. He's black and I'm puerto rican. He's like a light brown color and im like a light caramel. So he tells me that just because she looks like him doesn't mean she's really his. That kids look like people they've been around for a while and that since while I was pregnant I always hated him and didn't like him that could be the reason why she looks like him.

So my question is, is that even possible? lol could a baby look like someone that's been around and not really be their child? I'm just asking because I've never heard of that. I really don't have and doubts that she's his baby. He was the only person I had sex with in 2011. She's going to be 3 months on the 22nd. Like I said I am going to give him the DNA test because I understand why he might feel like that. I just think that it's ridiculous for him to say just because she looks like him doesn't mean she's his for real. TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby look like father but not his?

• Options

Definitely not possible. Babies look like their parents because of DNA and genes. It has absolutely nothing to do with who you associate with.

Not to sound mean or anything but that sounds like the crap those guys on Maury say. Tell him to man up. If he doesn't want to be with you, that's something different. He still needs to be a father to his child.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Fastest year of my life. Lilypie First Birthday tickerswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Okay. I found that kind of weird. He's a great father though he's been there since the day I told him I was pregnant he takes care of her and loves her and so does his mother. The reason why I think they want this is because his mom thought he was some elses kid and named him after that man and he ended up not being his father.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageHisKonstantine:

Definitely not possible. Babies look like their parents because of DNA and genes. It has absolutely nothing to do with who you associate with.

Not to sound mean or anything but that sounds like the crap those guys on Maury say. Tell him to man up. If he doesn't want to be with you, that's something different. He still needs to be a father to his child.

Basically, this. 

Get the DNA test if he wants to be sure, but he needs to man up.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is a better question for Maury
  • Options
    imageHisKonstantine:

This. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

\image  image

• Options

Sounds like you may have deeper issues if he seriously thought the child could possibly not be his.  I can guess it's because either you had an affair, he doesn't trust that you didn't have an affair, or this whole ordeal is a cover for him not being ready to be a dad.  I'd personally be furious if DH asked for a DNA test.  It comes down to a trust issue.  I hope you and YH can work through whatever happened to break down his trust in you.

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    imagenamara5532:

Sounds like you may have deeper issues if he seriously thought the child could possibly not be his.  I can guess it's because either you had an affair, he doesn't trust that you didn't have an affair, or this whole ordeal is a cover for him not being ready to be a dad.  I'd personally be furious if DH asked for a DNA test.  It comes down to a trust issue.  I hope you and YH can work through whatever happened to break down his trust in you.

He's not my husband and I got pregnant the first time we had sex. So yea we never really got to fully build trust with each other.

• Options

::headdesk::

• Options
    Uhhhhhhh. Did you both miss biology class?
  • Options
    imagejeremiahz_momma03:

like people they've been around for a while and that since while I was pregnant I always hated him and didn't like him that could be the reason why she looks like him.

So my question is, is that even possible? lol could a baby look like someone that's been around and not really be their child?

Really?  Really?  I can't believe that an adult would ask this question seriously. 

• Options
    Honestly, the more important question you should be asking yourself is "how do I properly use birth control?"
  • Options

imageNaturalBlond:
    Uhhhhhhh. Did you both miss biology class?

Yes 

• Options

imageNaturalBlond:
    Honestly, the more important question you should be asking yourself is "how do I properly use birth control?"

This Yes

• Options
    Yes
    Soon to be a family of three!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"