VBAC

Sharing my VBAC success!

Just wanted to share the (quick) version of my VBAC success story.  I had an emergency C-section in 2010 for fetal distress/failure to dilate.  I was hoping for a VBAC this time as I always felt like I had "missed out" on the experience of a vaginal birth.  Also, I was hoping to avoid having to spend 3 or 4 nights in the hospital, and not being able to pick up my LO at home. 

While the VBAC was certainly not easy  - I started having timeable contractions at about 5 min apart on 1/29 in the afternoon, and she was born around 4:30 on 1/31.   I pushed for 4/1/2 hours and ended up with a forceps delivery.  I had a second degree tear, and killer hemmhroids from pushing for so long.  But, I have to say the recovery has been so so much easier than my C-section.  I was up an moving around the night she was born, and I've had no trouble chasing after my toddler at home. 

So thrilled to have my little girl here.  Thanks to everyone on this board who has shared their stories.  It was so helpful during the last weeks of pregnancy when I was so nervous about the VBAC.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Sharing my VBAC success!

• Congratulations!  Sorry you had such a tough time about it though :-/  But, I'm glad you think it was still worth it and thanks for sharing your thoughts on recovery!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Congrats and definitely a "you go girl" for 4.5 hours of pushing!   I'm glad to hear that even with a long, hard labor, you're still glad to have had a VBAC
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • good for you momma!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations on your little girl! Sorry your experience was so long, but I'm glad you are recovering well!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congratulations! Thank you for sharing!

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"