Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Can't believe this.....

Received something in the mail today from the Children's Hospital of the Hospital where Corbin passed (hope that makes sense).  He was not born at the same hospital he passed at.  Anyways, opened the mail thinking it was maybe something related to support groups or something of that nature.  Nope.  The letter actually states "congratulations on the newest member of your family, here's some pediatric referrals!"  Seriously?  I'm so peeved right now.  I feel like driving to the hospital where he passed, right now and throw it at someone and say "seriously?"  As much as it hurt to get congratulatory notes for the hospital where he was born, in fairness they didn't know yet.  These people should friggin' know better!  I'm so pissed!

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

Re: Can't believe this.....

• Options
    I'm so sorry!  (((Hugs)))  You would think they would be a little more careful about that.

• Options
    And does anyone think I should call them and call them out on their insensitivity?  (after I calm down a bit of course, right now many, many curse words come to mind).  I'm so peeved I'm seeing red right now.

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagefluttergirlmoonchild79:
    And does anyone think I should call them and call them out on their insensitivity?  (after I calm down a bit of course, right now many, many curse words come to mind).  I'm so peeved I'm seeing red right now.

YES!  Yes you should call them!  I actually had something similar, but on the phone instead.  It was the billing department, a month after Logan passed.  The lady on the other end said "Oh, I see your baby was discharged from the hospital on (date)....Congratulations"  I wanted to flip out on her!  I actually corrected her and said "no, he was deceased on (date) not discharged."  The phone conversation was over quickly.  I then reached out to our HEAL group leader who had contacts at the hospital.  He had a women contact me who apologized a million times explaining that the normal procedure is to flag all documentation, billing, ect. when the baby passes so that this doesn't happen.  She assured me she would re-evaluate their process and ensure this gets done.  I expressed how upset it made me and that I didn't want any other baby-loss-parent to have to endure that.  We get it from everywhere, we should NOT be getting it from the very hospital that watched our babies die and then sent us out the door with empty arms and hands full of grief brochures!

I am so very sorry, Lovey!  These things suck worse than the "triggers" because it's as if they should have known.  They should have stopped it.  *huge hugs*

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    oh that's awful. I would call them so they don't do that to anyone else.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Thank you for the advise.  You have very valid points.

imageimage

• Options

I think you should let them know so they can properly address the situation (and maybe give a nice throat-punch to the person who did it).

I'm so sorry for that. *hugs*

• Options
    Yes, I would call.  I would also write a letter (include the letter you received as an enclosure) to the hospital's board of directors.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you received that letter. They should be more careful. I had a similar situation. I had an appt. 3 days after I had Enzo. I had just gotten home. They called me to confirm my appt for an u/s from the office of the doctor that had done my csection to deliver my stillborn son. I was flaming!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I got a letter (the second one), from who ever is was that did the newborn screening, a few weeks after Thia died.  I was soo pissed/upset.  Then, because they didnt get the new tests, they sent another one.  I ended up calling them, and basically yelled at them that there was no way they would get more blood for it, since my baby had died!  I went off on whoever it was on the phone, because, really??  They should contact the dr, not the parent...and then they should find out that the baby was not alive.  Why bring heartache to the parent all over again????
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Mother to Gavin, born September 11, 2007, and Magdalena, born March 21, 2009, Angel Baby MC February 13, 2010, Cynthia, born August 28, 2010 and gone September 17, 2010, Gabriella, born and gone August 28, 2010, and Abigayle, born March 12, 2012
  • Options
    That's awful! Yes, call! That is so unfair.
  • Options
    I received a similar letter, but from insurance!  I was so mad/hurt/upset. They even sent me a insurance card for "baby boy"...  I totally understand how that feels...
  • Options

Oh my! I am so sorry you received this! Sad I would definitely call them and chew them out. Letters to the board of directors, dept chair (of OB and/or Peds?) and CEO are good possibilities if you have the time/willingness for it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ? to Loss+M/PL+TTCAL+PgAL+PAL

PgAL/PAL welcome
  • Options
    Maybe you can contact the hospital chaplain (or if there is one the SHARE coordinator) and tell them and they can handle the call for you.  Our SHARE person is kind of a flake, but she has been really great about dealing with anything from the hospital for us.  Just a thought so that you don't have to call them yourself and explain it, if you don't want to. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You should absolutely call! I would be beyond pissed. Whoever was on the receiving end of that phone call would get to be the lucky recipient of all the pent up rage I've had for the last 3 months!!! Try to speak to a higher up- honestly it might be a good outlet for your anger.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"