Minnesota Babies

advice needed

Soooo last time I delivered was at Maple Grove- yes new, shiny and pretty but a horrible experience and I was not listened to on many aspects from the first moment I got there. I even called ahead with my needs- no visitors in my room for 3 hours after delivery and wanting the baby with me at all times after delivery- not hard requests but I had visitors in my room and them holding my son before I even got to hold my son. I also had my son leave the delivery room without my permission (they said it was routine, but I could tell them if I wanted him to stay with me). Needless to say I wasn't pleased and to this day have a sour taste from the experience- There were many other issues but this is the issue I want to change on my next delivery.

We are now delivering at Methodist this time and are assured this will not happen there from my Dr and the hospital. I was also assured many many times by Maple Grove though...I need advice as to make sure my wishes are followed at Methodist- any insight or advice would be wonderful. thanks

Re: advice needed

• I would make sure your husband, family, and friends all know your wishes in addition to the doctors, nurses, hospital staff, etc. Make it clear ahead of time that they shouldn't come to the hospital right away. Or you could even wait to make the announcement that baby has arrived.

You could also look into a doula that would be additional support in ensuring your wishes and desires are heard and followed. 

imageimage
  • I delivered at Methodist and had a wonderful experience. 

Baby was in our room with us the whole time with the exception of she went to the nursery for her hearing screening, which my husband went along with for.  The nurses there are really great and honestly just want you to have a good experience.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry that happened! That is really awful...I can really sympathize with the visitors in your room - I would throw a HUGE fit.  I'm having my first, so I don't have advice...sounds like you did everything right the first time and they just didn't listen:/
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I delivered at Methodist twice. Both experiences were very different than yours, but the staff was great. I would recommend Methodist to anyone. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

In my Think Tank, KM, Porteen + LowePro bags: Canon 5D Mark III / 5D Mark II
    16-35mm 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 24-70mm 2.8L, 50mm 1.2L, 85mm 1.2L, 100mm 2.8L IS, 70-200mm 2.8L IS
    Lensbaby Composer + 0.42x SuperWide, Holga Lens, Speedlite 580EXIIs + PWs,
    Mac LR4 + CS6 + Nik Editing Suite
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"