VBAC
Options

Not looking hopefull for my Vbac

Had my monthly doctor appointment today. 2nd time I've seen her (14 weeks). The first visit she looked at my op report  and what kind of cut (low transverse) and said my old doctor made a small cut in the lower segment muscle wall on one side of my UTR.She said she didn't see an Issue with having a trial of labor. She did mention the risk of UTR rupture .Went over why I needed to have the c/s my old doctor doctor said because of a fibroid. My DS was also sunny side-up 8lbs 11oz. Now today she made a comment at how I had that small cut on the lower segment muscle wall on the one side, and how my pelvis might not be big enough to pass a baby , last time she said if my pelvis was small or narrow it should be in my op report ( not in my op report). Then she made it sound that maybe I shouldn't try to have a TOL because of the small cut on the one side. I am also measuring 2 weeks ahead.  So now I am 2nd guessing EVERYTHING. #1 the small cut on my lower segment muscle wall. #2 now  I might have a small pelvis #3 I will never get to have a normal birth. I am very bummed :-(  Sorry for the long vent...

Re: Not looking hopefull for my Vbac

• Options

Hmmm, she doesn't sound very encouraging or supportive.  Are there any other providers (including home midwives) you'd consider interviewing about having a VBAC?  I would get a second opinion on that lower segment scar.

My c/s baby was 8lb 10oz and sunny side up (c/s had nothing to do with either of those things).  Having a pelvis that is too small to birth a baby is actually very rare, but doctors use that term a lot.  There are exercises you can to do help stretch those muscles and ligaments, and birthing positions that maximize that space as well.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    Do you have some websites for the exercises????
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should go to specialscars.org (they also have a facebook group to talk to other women) to get information about the other small cut that extends from your traverse incision. It should not keep you from a TOL. Also, do you know how big your fibroid is? The success rate of vaginal delivery with a fibroid is something like 70% for fibroids up to 10cm. There are very few reasons why a fibroid would keep you from at least trying for a VBAC. Good luck, and if you really want it, don't give up!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMamaPajama2010:
    You should go to specialscars.org (they also have a facebook group to talk to other women) to get information about the other small cut that extends from your traverse incision. It should not keep you from a TOL. Also, do you know how big your fibroid is? The success rate of vaginal delivery with a fibroid is something like 70% for fibroids up to 10cm. There are very few reasons why a fibroid would keep you from at least trying for a VBAC. Good luck, and if you really want it, don't give up!
    The fibroid I had with DS #1 was low and about 5cm (not there anymore) With the current ultrasound I had showed a small 1-2cm fibroid, but was way up . Doctor said its not in the way and she is not concerned about it. I am also measuring 2 weeks bigger. I hope his baby is not big like DS was.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"