C-Section Rates

2»

Re: C-Section Rates

• Options
    imagefutrkingsley:

imagejsugrin:
    Her Gramma really died in

Thanks J.

I was unclear and off-topic in my response. My gramma died after eating cantelope last fall. So the 100 people it killed was personal. And yeah, I don't see myself eating it again. I don't have any idea how it relates to cesareans. 

I had no idea. I'm so sorry. I just used it as an example because when it was in the news we got cantaloupe on our CSA box and my MIL flipped out -even though it wasn't from anywhere near the infected area. I kept telling her that hundreds of people eat cantaloupe every day and you can't just look at the bad statistics to make your jugements. So whenever I see people fixate on the "negative" side of statistics, it's what springs to mind.

I'm sorry I touched a nerve, and I'm truly sorry for the loss of your grandmother. It's shattering and I did not mean to make light of it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageEmmieB:
    imagefutrkingsley:

imagejsugrin:
    Her Gramma really died in

Thanks J.

I was unclear and off-topic in my response. My gramma died after eating cantelope last fall. So the 100 people it killed was personal. And yeah, I don't see myself eating it again. I don't have any idea how it relates to cesareans. 

I had no idea. I'm so sorry. I just used it as an example because when it was in the news we got cantaloupe on our CSA box and my MIL flipped out -even though it wasn't from anywhere near the infected area. I kept telling her that hundreds of people eat cantaloupe every day and you can't just look at the bad statistics to make your jugements. So whenever I see people fixate on the "negative" side of statistics, it's what springs to mind.

I'm sorry I touched a nerve, and I'm truly sorry for the loss of your grandmother. It's shattering and I did not mean to make light of it.

Love it...I am sure you would have never meant to hurt her!!!! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Emmie, thanks for the reply. I didn't think you would post something like that if you knew about it.  It is so very random. 
  • Options

imagefutrkingsley:
    Emmie, thanks for the reply. I didn't think you would post something like that if you knew about it.  It is so very random. 

:-) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've had a really hard time accepting my c/s status, but I'm a proud c-section mama. I wrote a post about it in my blog, and I know for a fact that even though Scarlett is a result of my hospital's rate (Kaiser Walnut Creek - something like 26.9% or something, can't remember from the site), it was medically necessary. Every single mom on this board and not on the board, natural birth or not should be proud of how they gave birth. I agree that I didn't want a c/s and wanted vaginal birth, but the fact that DD could've died (her heart rate was dangerously low, her head was stuck and I was basically suffocating her) reminded me that it's not the birth she had that matters, it's her beautiful blue eyes and smiling face that matters. Without a c/s, she probably wouldn't be here with us. Be proud c/s mamas! YOU ARE ALL GREAT MOTHERS AND DON'T LET ANYONE ELSE TELL YOU DIFFERENTLY!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"