January 2011 Moms

What size was LO's head?

I was looking ath the VBAC board and wondering if I would have one when the day comes that we decide to try again. But Jay's head was 16in and to be honest I am a bit nervous thinking about it.

What size wasyour LO's head if you remember?

Re: What size was LO's head?

• I don't remember Emily's but Aiden's was 17 inches around. He was 8 lbs, 7 oz and 21 3/4 inches long. He was a pretty big boy. I only had a small 2 stitch laceration though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't remember exactly, but I remember it was so big not one little newborn hat fit her and I think only a couple of those cotton hats that come in packs fit  her for a couple weeks.  She still has a giant noggin, 96th percentile at her 9 months appointment (she was really sick the day of her 1 year appointment so we didn't make it and ended up in the ER instead, so I don't know how big it is now).  I got 30+ stitches but she also came out with her hands covering her face instead of the normal head first and arms by her side.
  • Loading the player...
  • 12.5, but he was 14 weeks early. I could only imagine how huge it would've been at full term.
  • Poor Hollywood!!  Ouch ouch ouch!  Shiloh's head was 12".  She was really small, BUT she did hang out with her head crowned and my contractions stalled for what seemed like 3 minutes.  She wasn't in distress and I wasn't either, so we waited for one more contraction and out she came.  Thanks to that though, I did get two stitches.  I am not going to dare ever complain after reading about Hollywood getting 30. 
  • 13.5'' she was 6lbs. 8oz. I needed a c-section her head was stuck and her heart rate kept dropping. I was looking into a VBAC but my doctor wasnt optimistic about it because of how small my dd was.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"