Parenting after 35

Does anyone have four kids under 5?

I am 37 and DH is 41. We had our 3rd little girl 6 months ago.  I was almost certain that we were gonna be done with 3 but there is something within me than desires to have another child.  My kids are pretty close in age, oldest will be 4 in April. My DH says he is done mainly because he wants to move on with life and little babies running around the house and i dont see that like a good reason.  I am a stay at home mom (left my career in stand by to take care of my LOs). My question is at this point is a 4th child a big difference? does it get worse?  Please share your experience as a family once you added a 4rth child.  Right now we are solely dedicated to our kids but it wont change for a while even if we dont have another one and I wont change it for the world..obviously DH is not in the same page.

Re: Does anyone have four kids under 5?

• I'm a lurker on this board but wanted to give you my thoughts. I have 5, but we have  a big age gap between the 4 older and this little one. Does 4 make a big difference? For me no it did not, although my 4 weren't as close in age as yours, they are about 2yrs a part. It really didn't feel like it was any different then 2or 3. Except when buying shoes, I hated buying shoes Stick out tongue Good luck figuring out what is right for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I have read this post a couple of times, and I really feel compelled to answer this time.  No matter how many children you have, both parents need to be on the same page. I am sure your DH would accept it if a fourth child came into the picture, but always so much easier if you both agreed on it than a surprise.   Sorry if I offend, just my 2 cents. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Honestly, the switch from 1 to 2 was the hardest. Adding 3, 4 and 5 didn't seem to be as difficult. I understand feeling like you're not done, but make sure your dh is on the same page. there are lots of things I look forward to doing or having when there are no longer young children in the house, so I see where your dh is coming from - and to me that is a reason to be done.
  • I would have considered 4, fortunately my husband is very content (if not driven insane) with the 3 boys we have ; ) now that we are finally out of diapers for the first time in 6 years and being on the older side, I am finally looking forward to the boys getting a little older and self sufficient. I understand his point of view and since he is working hard to provide for our family of 5 and I am able to stay home with the kids. While I do think 3 is pretty easy... it has gotten harder when my youngest started moving (babyhood was way easier ; ) just trying to count my blessings for my three healthy boys!
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"