Postpartum Depression
Options

How long for Wellbutrin/meds to kick in?

I have been on the generic of WEllbutrin for about 3 weeks now and I am not really sure how I feel, I am on the lowest dose and the dr. said give it six weeks to see how I am feeling.  Does it take 6 weeks to work or start working within a few weeks...cant really tell if I feel different or if I am just coping/managing everything better!
Kelly- Mom to Katelyn Rose and Ella Ann Formerly MichBride2004 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How long for Wellbutrin/meds to kick in?

• Options
    I was on it for about 4 weeks when I started to feel a little more "even"... but then I broke out in hives and found out I'm allergic :( I hope you feel better soon!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It could work within three weeks. It could work within a week. It could also take two months. The way it affects everyone is different. So we can't really say if it's the Welbutrin or not. I would think that if you've had a sudden change in coping with stress that the medication is helping you, not that you can't be awesome and manage better on your own. Keep on it, talk to your doctor after the six weeks, and perhaps (s)he'll say you're ready to drop the drugs and have made a full, healthy recovery.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I usually feel the side-effects first (this is my third time starting Welbutrin.  Vivid dreams, jittery, ringing in the ears are some of my side-effects and I feel them long before I start feeling the fog/drowning feeling of depression starting lifting).

I've only been on my helpful does (150mg) for about a week, and I'm starting to feel the side-effects but not the benefits yet.  Hang in there and work with your doctors  :)

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Hmm I don't notice any side effects. I feel less stressed I guess so I don't really want a higher dose if not needed, but I still feel emotional quite a bit..but obviously it won't take away my emotions    I will call him in 2 weeks and see I guess 
    Kelly- Mom to Katelyn Rose and Ella Ann Formerly MichBride2004 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"