March 2011 Moms
Options

Walking progress?

Time is flying and our LO's are almost 1 year old. How is everyone's LO's doing (or not doing) with the walking progress?

My LO is boycotting walking. He will pull himself up on stuff, cruise, and even push his push toy, but he has yet to free stand. It's so wired, about 2 months ago, he appeared to be on the fast track to walking (pulling up, trying to free stand, etc.). Now, he wants nothing to do with it. I know it is early, but I seriously doubt he will be walking any time soon (15 months even). It just sucks since most of the babies in his playgroup are well beyond their first steps.

How is it going with your LO's? 

Re: Walking progress?

• Options
    We've been able to coax Noah to take 2-3 steps at a time, but he's afraid to walk on his own without something very close by to take hold of. We're pushing him to try but not too hard. He's close, and he'll get it soon enough.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My son is pretty big for his age so he's having a hard time walking...its like he can't hold his weight up LOL.  The doctor says its normal because of his size, so now we help him walk.  I wan't him to walk so badly but I know its not that easy.  He walks when I'm holding his hand and as soon as I let go he falls :(  I hope he makes some progress soon!! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    He's nowhere near it...and I'm ok with that.  When he starts walking that just means more kids to chase!  But he only started crawling and pulling up about 2 weeks ago, he doesn't cruise around furniture or anything yet, so it will still be awhile.
  • Options
    My LO is pulls up and cruises down the couch. He'll let go for maybe 3 seconds and free stand, but that's it. He'll turn 1 on Mar 3, and we're doing his 1year pictures on Feb 25th -- I'm really hoping he can master free standing by then.
  • Options
    My DD is 10.5 months and is taking about 10 steps at a time. On one hand, it is so cute and lots of fun to see her walking around. But on the other hand, she looks SO big doing it! Where has the time gone? :)
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • Options
    DD started taking steps around 10 months and the day she turned 11 months she was walking across a room. Time is just going by too fast- it would slow down a little! Hard to believe we'll have toddlers soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Emilie will crawl and cruise like a champ, and will stand on her own for little chunks of time without realizing it. She will not take steps while we hold her though, it's easier for her to crawl on her own.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

My daughter has been cruising since Thanksgiving and has been walking since shortly afterwards, so around 10 months.  I was SO surprised that she walked that early since I didn't walk until 15 months as a baby!  My husband and I couldn't be more proud :)

...now only if Eva's hair would grow long enough to style! 

• Options
    Our daughter's 11 months and still does not stand (without holding onto something). She cruises, and she's let go and stood a couple of times for a few seconds but that's all. Even though some babies her age are already walking, I'm not one bit concerned. Some babies don't walk until they're a year and a few months. She also can't say a single word, and also is rather petite looking for her age. So she probably doesn't seem at all like she's eleven months to some people. Who cares. Every baby goes at their own pace.
  • Options

C is sooo close. She crawled at 7m, pulled up at 7.5, and has been cruising since 8m. DH was sure she'd be walking by 10m, I said 11m.

She's 11m today and will take 4-6 steps by herself if prompted, but she won't  do it on her own. She free stands for any length of time perfectly well. I actually think it's her personality that's keeping her from full-out walking wherever she wants to go - she's very cautious and always has been with the pulling up and sitting back down, cruising etc. She needs to work up a little courage, but I'm not rushing her!

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Amelia will take a few steps here and there without holding on. The most I counted was six or seven. Owen cruises and crawls like a champ but is nowhere near walking on his own.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"