Military Families

Trinity Hospital in Augusta, GA

My husband and I just moved to Augusta/Fort Gordon and Tricare apparently isn't giving us much of a choice in terms of hospitals for labor and delivery, so Trinity it is.

I've heard mixed things about this place - two civilian ladies at the Motherhood store said to stay far away (this was before I realized that Tricare wouldn't cover any place other than Trinity). 

Has anyone delivered there? If so, how was your experience? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Momma to Chunky Monkey 9/2009 *** Angel Baby 5/2011 *** Growing Bean 3/2012 Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Trinity Hospital in Augusta, GA

• Yes, I delivered my DS at Trinity in 2010. I actually had a pretty positive birth experience given the circumstances (had to have a medical induction due to pre-e and failed to dilate past 6, so had to have a c-section.). The nurses were all really great and helpful and were very supportive of my attempt to have a vaginal birth even though my chances were only about 40% going into the induction. I was seen upstairs at eisenhower by Dr. Thai and LOVED her. She was present throughout my induction and labor (36 hours!) and delivery. Not sure why the ladies said negative things...it's a much smaller hospital than University, but I don't think that was a bad thing. The only major problem I had was that they did not have an IBCLC lactation consultant on staff. However, through Eisenhower I was able to find an amazing one in the community and would be happy to pass her info along to you. I thought your sig said you have another child, have you checked out the on post playgroup yet? We meet Tuesday's and Thursday's from 10-11:30 and it's for ages newborn-4. You can meet a lot of other moms who delivered there this way. Also, we paid the extra $50 out of pocket for the bigger mother/baby room and it was so worth it in my opinion. Feel free to pm me with any more questions, this is my second time at Ft Gordon and we have been here almost 3 years this go around!

**Landon Keith 6/03/10 6lbs. 9oz. 19 inches**

"When the waves are flooding the shore, and I can't find my way home anymore, that's when I......I look at you" Miley Cyrus

Landon 121Landon 6-9 081

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Thanks so much for the info! :) The ladies at the store just made it sound like it was this creepy, dreary hospital that had crucifixes plastered all over the place. The mental image I got was one from The Exorcist, so you can imagine my panic.

How were you able to get the bigger mother/baby room? Is it a matter of asking or are there some necessary steps to take? I'm all about comfort. :)

I'd love to meet some other moms in the area - my daughter is 2.5. We just moved here on Feb 4, so we're still settling in and exploring the area, but she needs friends and I need friends, haha. :)

Momma to Chunky Monkey 9/2009 *** Angel Baby 5/2011 *** Growing Bean 3/2012 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Although we aren't "officially" military yet (SO goes to boot camp for USMC in September), I live in Augusta and have my whole life. Trinity has very nice, large mother baby suites. It is a Catholic hospital, but I have heard very positive things about birth experiences. As long as you aren't delivering at Doctors Hospital, you're good :). I am delivering at University, but if I couldn't, Trinity would be my next choice. I was born there, too! PM me if you have any questions about Augusta... I'm very familiar with the area! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"