November 2011 Moms
Options

Fleece jammies... too hot?

I have some fleece jammies for LO, but when I think about putting her in them *I* overheat. I suppose if she wasn't swaddled, right?

Who uses them? Thoughts?

imageimage image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Fleece jammies... too hot?

• Options

My LO is a "hot baby," as we like to call her so we are careful in what we put her in.  I think fleece is pretty hot, but she is in a fleece sleep sack right now...it has to be pretty cold for us to use it.  Normally she is in a lighter terrycloth or cotton sleeper, with a thicker blanket.  Tonight, since she is in the fleece, she won't have as heavy of blanket.

I have always heard what you are comfortable in they will be comfortable in.  So if you are wearing a heavy sweater and jeans, they should be pretty bundled up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

I always have LO in fleece jammies. I'm in upstate NY so it's pretty cold out. We keep her room at about 68 degrees. I put on fleece jammies, swaddle her arms in a thin flannel blanket and then tuck a slightly heavier blanket on top. DD almost always pulls her arms out and kicks both blankets off. Then she cries cause she gets cold.

I would say if you are afraid of overheating, put LO in something else or turn the heat down a degree or two.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used them last night because it was supposed to be "cold" last night. We always use a cotton sleep sack over her jammies. We are in Florida and use the air conditioner all the time. Personally I wouldn't use fleece and swaddle but it doesn't get colder than 69 in DDs room. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We usually have her in cotton or terry, then swaddle (which I think we're going to start weaning from) and a lightweight blanket. Temp at 68 in the room.

Hmm.. decisions, decisions

imageimage image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We use fleece jammies and swaddle....but we keep our home pretty cool at night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We use a long sleeve fleece sleep sack. We havnt swaddled since 3 weeks. She is comfortable with that, we keep the house about 70 degrees, its colder downstairs though
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I do fleece jammies every night.  We don't swaddle and keep the room between 68-72ish. 
  • Options
    We have a ton of fleece as we live in the freakin tundra...and can't use any of them.  DS sweats like a hoss and the fleece make him absolutly miserable.  He gets all red in the face, clamy sweats, yuck.  So, to summarize...We don't use them.
  • Options

imageCaryAN:
    I do fleece jammies every night.  We don't swaddle and keep the room between 68-72ish. 

Same for us.  

• Options

imagepandabear12178:
    We use a long sleeve fleece sleep sack. We havnt swaddled since 3 weeks. She is comfortable with that, we keep the house about 70 degrees, its colder downstairs though

We do this also

• Options
    We have an older house so it's pretty drafty at night. LO wore then and I swaddled with a A&A blanket which is pretty light and he was fine. Try it and see how she does. 
  • Options
    I use them on colder nights (like last night). Our house is older and on the colder nights it feels chilly even with the heat on. So he gets a fleece sleeper *and* his fleece sleep sack, and seems fine. On warmer nights I just do a regular sleeper though.
    Raising a threenager since 11/11
    Baby boy #2 due 5/6/15
  • Options
    We use fleece jammies and sleep sacks everynight or DD gets cold. We will switch things up come June I am sure.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imageCaryAN:

This.

• Options
    We had one pair of fleece jammies- LO wore them once and got a heat rash, so we stick to lightweight stuff. She sweats a ton and is hot natured like her momma...already dreading summer!
  • Options

imagedpeugh85:
    We have a ton of fleece as we live in the freakin tundra...and can't use any of them.  DS sweats like a hoss and the fleece make him absolutly miserable.  He gets all red in the face, clamy sweats, yuck.  So, to summarize...We don't use them.

This! I've got a sweaty chunky monkey. I feel bad because it seems like everyone bought him fleece and I already washed them thinking they would be perfect...but no such luck. His feet get so sweaty too.

• Options
    We used them when it was cold because DD didn't like being swaddled. But we live in Southern Cali and it was only cold for like a week back in Dec. and now that I am reading all these responses we probably didn't need them since we keep the house around 75 degrees =/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"