Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

I ripped off umbilical cord by accident! Help!

As I was cleaning my son off with the washcloth I accidentally ripped off the cord stump. It looks pretty nasty now because it's white and kind of swirly looking ( like a vanilla ice cream cone). Has anyone else done this? Will it eventually heal? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I ripped off umbilical cord by accident! Help!

• Options
    He's 2 weeks old, it was ready to cOme off and it will heal. Keep it clean. 
    Angel Baby -EDD 6/10/11 m/c at 9w2d on 11/7/10 Our Early Christmas Gift - A Beautiful Baby Girl Born December 18, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It was time for that thing to come off. Take a deep breath :) It will heal in a few days.
    June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
    b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
    IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
    b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
    Homestudy 7/19/2011
    IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
    We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
    IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No no...you most likely bumped it and it was ready to fall off.  Keep an eye on it just in case, but it will be ok :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
  • Options

I did this with DS if it still looks fresh take him to the pediatrician and they will "burn/freeze" it. I am not quite sure what the actual method is called but they take a q-tip and a special liquid and place it in the belly button...

• Options
    Yeah you probably just pulled it off because it was already so loose! Doubt there's anything at all to worry about. Our LO still had little flaky leftovers in his belly button when is fell off and those are just now gone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"