Parenting after 35
Options

WWYD?

So on Friday I have my annual gyno appt.  Fun fun.   DH was planning to take the boy to lunch while I have my feet up in the air and have my boobies felt up.

DH is now on travel for work.  There goes that plan.

Would you take your 2 1/4 year old to the appt with you?  I'd just take the stroller and strap him in and turn it so he can't see me in the 5 minutes it takes to actually have the medical stuff done.

Or should I grovel to friends/neighbors to watch him for a while?  He's sick right now and I'm praying his runny nose is done by Friday, but can't count on that.  And I certainly don't want to infect anyone else's kid.

WWYD?????

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD?

• Options
    I would either find a sitter or reschedule.
  • Options
    I would probably reschedule.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Meh, I'd probably go if he'll be good about staying in the stroller.  I only say that because my doc is really popular and if I reschedule it takes literally months to get in again (for routine stuff, anyway).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Take him and turn the stroller.

My last annual was also my first prenatal appointment, so both DH and DS came. All well and good until it was time for business with my privates, and DH just kept DS in a corner with a tablet to distract him.

Not ideal, but not the end of the world either.

• Options

Thanks ladies... just checking back in.

I did call the office and they asked the doc if she cared if he was there or not.  It's a busy office and women bring their kids along all of the time.  (She's my OB, too)  Her reaction was, "If you're okay with it, I'm okay with it.

Just not sure I want to cash in my favor points for this or not.... might call a friend who lives near the office tho and see if she's available for me to drop C off.

• Options
    I took Adrian for my appt. last year when he was 18 months old. He was in his stroller and I put him in the far corner of the room so he wouldn't see everything when the doctor was checking me. It was fine. But I don't know how it would be now that he's 2-1/2 yrs old. I think the wait in the waiting room would be worse than the actual checkup which is about 5 minutes.
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    If you can't find someone to watch him, bring him in the stroller and have a video or some "rarely get" activity to keep him occupied when. But whatever you do not let this effect how you interact with the doctor and ask the questions you need to make sure you are healthy. Good luck!!!!
  • Options

imageJennRN65:
    I would either find a sitter or reschedule.

THIS... DS is too mobile for me to have him strapped in to a stroller for long periods.. Heck.. I can't even get him to sit in the stroller much.  I finally took it out of my car.

• Options
    Tough one. I would reschedule if no one could watch him. Can a nurse or a receptionist watch him for 5 min maybe?
  • Options

Thanks all!

I rescheduled.  They had an opening in a couple of weeks, so hubby should be around for that one so I don't have to worry about relying on friends/neighbors.  (He works for the Army and they are given time off for appts like this)

Besides, C is a big ole snotty mess again today, so no one would want to expose themselves to that!

• Options

imageateytelb:
    Tough one. I would reschedule if no one could watch him. Can a nurse or a receptionist watch him for 5 min maybe?

Way too busy of an office.  It's one of the top OB places in town, so their waiting room is always full.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"