Northern California Babies
Options

Sharks games question

About how long does a game run? What time would you aim to get there and how long would you plan for it to take to get home? We live in Belmont, could we take the train?

I'm thinking of doing tickets for Vday for the husband, but need to figure out if it's feasible to have a sitter for it, or if it'll be way too late and I'll give him tickets to take a friend. Uber romantic to take a buddy on a date huh ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sharks games question

• Options
    Depends. I would say to include travel time 4 hrs. Each game is about 2 hrs (incl. 2 intermissions). However, it depends if there are alot of penalties or if goes into OT or a shootout.
  • Options

so a 7:30 game would get us home around 11/12ish ? leaving at 6ish?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

That sounds about right./...probably closer to 11. I would leave earlier than 6 (then again, I like to get to games early and settle in). Are you driving or taking the train? If you are taking the train, it should be fine (unless you plan on eating there). If are driving, definitely leave earlier as you will encounter traffic.

• Options

Games run closer to three hours in my experience. Im

Not sure how long the train takes.  the station is no more that two blocks away. 

We like to get there at least 30 minutes early to get food and eat before the game.  

• Options

I'm 8 months pregnant, will I die walking 3 blocks and then the stadium walking? ie, should a giant pregnant chick drive ?

• Options
    The traffic to get to a 7:30pm game will be hellish. I would take caltrain to the station. I don't think it will be that bad to walk it. If you drive, give yourself 1.5 hours to get down, park, etc. 
  • Options

When we go to the games, we park about 0.5-0.75 miles away so that we don't pay for the lot fees.  At 8-9 months pregnant I was walking slowly, but it wasn't a real issue for me.  

We live about 10 mins from the arena, so I don't know about traffic on the freeway at that time, but I'd assume it sucks, so I'd definitely take the train.  

I think we are usually home by 10:30pm on game days, including walking to the car and driving home, so I'd say normally (no OT/shootout) the game is over around 10ish.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks! I'm thinking it might not be too late for a sitter, but I need to think on it a bit more :)

• Options

What is the stadium like? Am I going to have to stand up every 30 seconds to let someone pass or are the rows wide enough that people can get by? :)

A friend back east said there was no way in heck she's go to a hockey game at 8.5+ months pregnant since the aisle are close, the bathrooms crowded and tons of stairs. 

I'm thinking I should just get tickets for him and a friend...

• Options
    imagefjaril:

What is the stadium like? Am I going to have to stand up every 30 seconds to let someone pass or are the rows wide enough that people can get by? :)

A friend back east said there was no way in heck she's go to a hockey game at 8.5+ months pregnant since the aisle are close, the bathrooms crowded and tons of stairs. 

I'm thinking I should just get tickets for him and a friend...

Yes, you have to stand up to let someone by.  They wouldn't really be able to get by your knees if you were sitting down. But, you are only "allowed" to get up between plays...I find I do most of my up/down at the beginning and end of each quarter, not really during the quarter.  

If you go to the bathroom during the quarter (ie not at the intermission) there is no one in there.  

I can't really comment on the stairs issue - our seats are in the top row of the lower level, so no stairs.

I went to the games a lot while pregnant.  It's annoying getting up and down, but it's not impossible.  Can you get the tickets and decide as it gets closer if you want to go or not? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Here's the dilemma:

I can buy two tickets for before I'm due, (w/in 10 days of it) and offer he take a friend or me, or I can get 2 or 3 tickets for after my due date when his parents will be here and he could either take one or both of them to a game.

If i go for his family going, then I need to figure out if his dad would want to go or his mom, or would they both want to. With the baby being brand new, I'm not sure what to do.

Blah :) stupid end of season baby :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"