Detroit Babies

Drop Down Crib Question - How to get rid of...

I have an old crib that I no longer need to use - it is in excellent shape, but the problem is it is a side drop down crib - which by law you can't sell/donate/ list on craiglist, etc anything. What should I do with it? I HATE to just throw it away - are there any other options? I have a matching changing table to go with it. I know someone out there needs it adn woudl use it - but not sure wha tto do with it. Any ideas?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Drop Down Crib Question - How to get rid of...

• As much as it sucks, I would throw it out.  When it comes to baby's safety, I just don't think it's worth taking a risk.  The ban is there for a very good reason.  The new standards also require stronger slats, mattress supports and hardware.  So even if you made the side stationary, the crib itself would still likely not meet the new safety standards.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes sorry unfortunately there is not a whole lot you can do with it. Babies R us is doing that great trade in event. They will let you bring in basically anything no matter how old it is. So I am not sure if you are in the market for any new gear- strollers, pack and plays, things of that nature- but if you are in exchange for the crib they will give you 30% off any of those items. Just a suggestion.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • There are lots of fun things you can do with the crib. Lots of ideas on blogs. You can make them into a desk, little couch, so many things. Try to google ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"