Postpartum Depression
Options

I lurk this board a lot but today I have something to share.

I wrote something about my own experience with ppd, and to be honest I'm quite proud of it. I know this is totally AWing, but I thought some of you could appreciate it. 

https://mommasnextstep.blogspot.com/2012/02/what-ppd-meant-for-me-long-one.html

Re: I lurk this board a lot but today I have something to share.

• Options
    Wow. That was very well written. I couldn't have written it better myself. PPD is something that I would never wish on even my worst enemy. I, too, am trying to show my son how sorry I am for the first several months of his life. I am glad that you shared this! Wish I could have read it about 13 months ago : )
  • Options
    I agree with PP- very well said! Thanks so much for posting this. I keep thinking that I want to write about PPD in my blog, but I was never sure how to go about it, but maybe your post will give me the courage to do so. So many women suffer in silence, and it simply shouldn't be. And you have every right to be proud, and I am so glad you're doing better :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am mostly a lurker too but i had to tel you that your blog entry was very well written hun. Your experiences were very similar to mine!  PPD was aweful to go thru. Everyone thinks it's all puppies and rainbows after you have a baby but sometimes its not.

Just like yourself, my DS (my first)  never mastered the art of breastfeeding, even after 3 months so i gave up, and felt guilty about giving up. He was born with jaundice and had to be re-admitted to the hospital after ONE day at home because he had lost too much weight. I cried practically the whole time he was in that stupid incubator, and every time he tried to nurse. I cried because he could never latch and when he did he would still be hungry because i had so little milk. I cried because i felt guilty about giving him formula. I cried a lot. He cried a lot. Like ALL THE TIME because he had colic and i felt bad for him. The sleep deprivation was making me go nuts. My hubby worked 12 hour days and tried to help as much as he could but i was losing it. Thank God for my family and friends who stepped in and helped me get thru it. It took me around 6 months to start feeling normal again.

When i was PG with my second child 3 yrs later, i was very concerned with PPD. I was almost certain that i was going to go thru that again and even worse than my first pregnancy. I can honestly say that while my 2nd pregnancy was not without issues, the labour and delivery were much faster/easier than the first time around. I bounced back quickly! I was in heaven with my new baby and my older child was so great to the baby. Everything was so much easier and different the second time around. I was totally relieved!

Thanks for sharing your story. It's comforting to know that there are/were other in the same shoes as you and knowing that it gets better!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"