February 2012 Moms
Options

How long did your 'bloody show' last?

So, I know that not everyone has 'bloody show' but apparently I do. Bleh! I'll just start off by saying I'm SO not looking forward to having a period again. BOO!! Anyway,  Wednesday night I went to the bathroom and when I looked at the tissue I saw bright red blood. I wiped again, and more bright red blood. The bits that I've read on bloody show and loosing your mucus plug I always thought it was normal to see pink-tinged discharge, or even a brownish discharge but not bright red!  I hesitated but ended up calling my OB (at midnight) and he wasn't concerned at all. He said it was just my bloody show and not to worry.

For some reason I just assumed that the bloody show wouldn't last very long, but I'm still getting some discharge. Not blood red anymore (thank goodness) but now it's more like the last day or two of a period. Brownish and stringy. I'm just curious how long it will last.

If you had it, How long did yours last? Did you have the bright red discharge? Is it a sign that I could go into labor any day or is it possible to have bloody show come and go, and still not go into labor for days?

Together since 2006 | Married 10/21/10 | BFP 6/1/11 | BFP Chart
BabyFruit Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: How long did your 'bloody show' last?

• Options
    I'm a FTM - but I thought (from all I read and stuff) that bloody show meant your about to go! My friend had hers at the hospital right before she went into labor. And my doctor said to call right away if I saw red blood - making it seem like it's a huge deal. I'm surprised your doctor was so relaxed about it. I could be wrong though - I've never done this before! GL though if this is it!
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Options

imagepoobear2015:
    I'm a FTM - but I thought (from all I read and stuff) that bloody show meant your about to go! My friend had hers at the hospital right before she went into labor. And my doctor said to call right away if I saw red blood - making it seem like it's a huge deal. I'm surprised your doctor was so relaxed about it. I could be wrong though - I've never done this before! GL though if this is it!

That's what I always thought too! And, really that is the only reason I called. I also hesitated to call because it wasn't a ton of blood, but plenty to cause me some concern. Like a panty liner would've been sufficient. If it wasn't bright red I wouldn't have even thought twice about it. That's why I'm curious if anyone else had experienced it. Luckily the OB I spoke to is my favorite in the practice and I trust him completely so I just have to have faith that he's right and see what happens.

Together since 2006 | Married 10/21/10 | BFP 6/1/11 | BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    From what I've read, it usually happens within a few days of labor.  Mine was all with my mucus plug and I went into labor an hour later and didn't have any more, so I'm probably not the best person to compare to.
  • Options
    I've read that like everything else it can mean that labor is imminent - or a few days/weeks away. good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"