Houston Babies

F/U Baby Swim Classes - for WaitingforLucas!!

I wrote this at the bottom of you other swim thread, but incase you don't see that....Following up on our visit.... I'll start a new thread too though....

We went last weekend to the Houston Swim Club for DS's first lesson. At just under 6 months he was the youngest there by far, but we wanted to get him in and used to the water early.(you can start at 4 months). He loves bath time anyway. The other kids in his class Im pretty sure were well over a year old, but every kids under 2 has to do the same class, they'll just move up faster probably, presuming they gain the skills faster....

Anyway it is quite structured. It's a half hour lesson, DH went in with him, I sat on the side of the pool. The water is around 95F, so warm.  They do different activities many involving songs, mostly floating type activities, they have a mini slide that they go down, monkey walk along the side of the pool. They will get dunked, they won't like it probably but they need to get used to getting their faces wet. We thought it was good. It is quite structured, and has a point to it, but Id still say its fun.....

The changing facilities are the only downside really. Its more geared towards kids, it isn't really geared towards adults. And there aren't many showers or anything - I only saw one big one. As far as I saw there weren't any changing rooms as such, but there is a row of cubicles if that makes sense. Hence DH is probably going to be in the water with him most of the time! 

I'll send you a PM though with so more info :) 

Our little boy arrived 4 weeks early! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: F/U Baby Swim Classes - for WaitingforLucas!!

• Which location did you go to?

Yeah, the cubicles really suck because you almost have to jerry-rig the curtains so you don't show your butt or anything. The showers are definitely geared toward the kids and some of the parents can be a real pain with them and holding dressing rooms. I will say they only allow a max of 6 kids in a class so i always check to see which of my preferred times has the least number of kids. It can really make a different.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are using the Katy location. We go at a really busy time though I think as DH comes along too.... Im sure if I went on a weekday morning it would probably be better.
    Our little boy arrived 4 weeks early! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • The mornings can get pretty busy,too. I found the one or two right before lunch seem to be the least crowded of the classes we've been to. When DS was taking Starfish 1, we took the 6pm class  in Katy(so DH could at least some of the class and a friend needed the later time because of work as well)  it was ridiculous with the noise level and crowd and trying to get a dressing room after class.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks so much! i think if we go i'll have dh go in the water too! ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"