Cincinnati Babies

nbr: Need interior decorator/designer recommendation...

We are looking to finish our basement. I don't have an eye for interior decorator/design at all, but do have a list of needs/wants. 

What we're looking for is someone to come out to do a consultation and create a design plan based on our needs. (H wants to do the work himself.)  I'd preferably like to see the design plan on the PC/computer- I find manual sketches visually difficult to "see" the room.

We did have a family friend measure our basement and do a design plan on CAD but it was something I could have visualized. Maybe there isn't a whole lot we can do for our basement, but I'm honestly so impressed by the designers on HGTV- they can take a 25x25 room and do things I never thought of.  

If you can recommend someone, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

eta: We eventually plan on renovating the kitchen, our master bath, our deck, and our landscaping. If we can find someone we love, we will most likely continue to use them for the additional renovations.

Re: nbr: Need interior decorator/designer recommendation...

• I think you need more of an architect to design the layout, lighting, etc.  The interior designer/decorator is for furniture and pillow and window treatments.
  • A true interior designer does all those things. A decorator does pillows. There are great interior designers in Cincinnati. 
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageangelina477:
    A true interior designer does all those things. A decorator does pillows. There are great interior designers in Cincinnati. 

Thanks for the clarification- would you have any recommendations I could talk to? 

• I worked with DZin and the designers at Crate and Barrel for our entire house.  They were both amazing.  
  • imagesara401:
    I worked with DZin and the designers at Crate and Barrel for our entire house.  They were both amazing.  

Thanks for the recommendation. I did talk to someone from DZin last week, but I'll check into Crate and Barrel this week. What did they do for you- did they help find furnishings/pillows/etc, or did they help design a layout of the room? 

• Sorry about the late response.  C&B did everything in our bedroom.  We had our main furniture, but we have a full sitting room.  She did our wall color, art work, furniture for the sitting room and all the accessories (including bedding).  DZin did our office, formal living room, accenting in our dining room and foyer.  They both did an amazing job. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"