2nd Trimester
Options

Baby TOO big?

So last week at my 18 week ultrasound (in which I received confirmation that it was a boy- woohoo!!) the tech told me that the baby was a little bit bigger than what they would expect for the # of weeks I was. I know exactly when my LMP was, so that's not the issue. But now I'm worried. I know it sounds stupid, but what if I'm diabetic? Or what if I can't deliver him naturally? 

People see me and can't believe how big I am and I'm not even 5 months. I know that every pregnancy is different, but I, too, didn't expect to be this big at this time.

Should I worry? 

Re: Baby TOO big?

• Options
    NO! Don't worry! It'll do you no good at all. Babys go through growth spurts in utero just as they do as infants, kids, etc. All the tech said was that the baby was measuring a bit large for your date, but that can easily and quickly balance out. Seriously, let go of the stress now, and continue growing a healthy LO!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSawyerplus1:
    NO! Don't worry! It'll do you no good at all. Babys go through growth spurts in utero just as they do as infants, kids, etc. All the tech said was that the baby was measuring a bit large for your date, but that can easily and quickly balance out. Seriously, let go of the stress now, and continue growing a healthy LO!

You just snapped me right out of it, literally. THANK YOU. You're right. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

yep - I agree.   At my first ultrasound the baby was measuring small but at the NT scan, the baby was measuring exactly right.

I wouldn't panic yet, there's still way more time than you need for everything to balance out.

• Options
    they really have no idea and I'm not sure why they say that...they said it with my DD when I had a sono at the hospital before having her and she was only 6.5 lbs def not too big
    May you always have in your arms the one who is in your heart.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

pregnancybr>

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

My LO measured big at our 7 wk u/s and at our 12 wk u/s -- more than  week bigger and I know when I got pregnant.  I worried I'd be having another big one.  My first was over 10 lbs.  I've heard that the later measurements are more inaccurate (not that this helps in my case).  Someone I knew was told her baby was going to be over 10lbs -- the baby was born 6lbs.  They just don't know for sure.

At my 12 wk u/s (NT scan) the Dr. told me not to worry -- that the difference b/t weeks is very small so it shouldn't be anything to be concearned about.  :)

• Options

imageSawyerplus1:

Yep this. sometimes they could measure just a little big and your doc may adjust your due date a couple days or something, but its generally not a big deal. Plus the weights/measurements of the ultraosounds are not always that accurate.I had a friend who was told her baby would be 10lbs based on the u/s and she was only 7lbs 8oz :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Some lady I saw on the news just delivered an almost 14 pound baby vaginally with no drugs. You'll be fine.
  • Options

imageSawyerplus1:

This! Yes Best answer!

• Options

imageallisonmarie22:
    Some lady I saw on the news just delivered an almost 14 pound baby vaginally with no drugs. You'll be fine.

Very good point! lol

• Options

At my a/s they said baby's torso was measuring slightly bigger than the legs/arms/head and that "could" mean a bigger than average baby but at that point hard to say. Everything could just catch up. So far I have measured right on track. Considering my first was 9/13 and 2nd was 8/6...I do have big babies. It would be nice if little girl decided to be my petite little baby in the 7 pound range!  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"