Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I'm curious!

When you get a BFP, are you secretly hoping for a boy or girl? Or do you just not care as long as he/she is healthy?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GTKY.

• I already have a boy and it would be nice to have a girl this time around but as long as the baby is healthy IDC
  • We want them to be healthy and happy, but we'd love to have a boy.  Between DH and I, we have 6 neices..  Either way we're gonna be thrilled!  (If we have a girl, I am very anxious to see what she is going to look like in comparison to his brother and SIL's new LO since him and his brother are twins)

• Loading the player...
  • We already have one of each, so we really don't have a preference.  I used to say I wanted another boy, because DS has been so much easier than DD, but there is just something about a little girl. 

We just want a healthy baby!

• We don't really have a preference now either. At first we both wanted a girl, but now DH says he would love to have a boy just as much. For some reason I always pictured us having a girl first, but I would also like to have a boy first because neither side of our family has a boy as the firstborn.
    time has brought your heart to me
    i have loved you for a thousand years
    i'll love you for a thousand more
    photo liam2months_zps809ccc3e.jpg
    Liam Edward || 12/12/12 || 7lbs7oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll be happy either way, as long as our baby is healthy but if I could choose, I'd really love to have a girl.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • We just want a happy and healthy baby of course, but would love for a boy to come along first. DH and I have 4 nieces right now, and no little nephews yet. Plus, DH is the last boy is his family so he wants a son that will carry on his last name. For me, I grew up with an older brother, so I just love the idea of having a boy first and a girl second.
    *TW, Child and loss mentioned*

Me: 28, DH: 28
    Married February 2011
    DS born October 2012
    TTC #2 since April 2014
    BFP February 2015, ectopic/ruptured, right tube removed
    RE consult January 2016
    Secondary infertility, Severe MFI(double varicocele, low count, 0% morph)
    IUI- March 2016, BFN
    IVF #1- July/Aug 2016(Antagonist protocol), 30 eggs retrieved, 21 mature,
            17 fertilized via ICSI, but 0 made it to blast
    IVF #2 in January/February 2017(Long lupron protocol)

• Given how long I tried with my last partner, given a +HPT that ended in a broken hear, and given how long DH and I have been TTC, we really don't care as long as baby is healthy.
    Me: 25
    Dx PCOS (June 2006, re-confirmed March 2012), Anemia (May 2010-Still fighting to correct it), Fibromyalgia (May 2011)
    Initial b/w - normal
    HSG (March 2012) revealed right tube open and looking great. Left tube deformed with hydrosalpinx.
    Lap (April 2012) Removal of left fallopian tube. Right tube open and viable, but "rather enlarged." NO evidence of endometriosis...Uterus looks beautiful and "very capable" of carrying a pregnancy!
    October 2012 - Clomid 50mg + trigger + IUI = BFN
    With all factors taken into account, RE is recommending IVF. Planning on moving forward with treatment as a single woman using DS by Summer 2013.
    After 17 months of trying, Surprise BFP #1 2.15.2008 | EDD 8.7.2008 | Lost 2.16.2008
    After 2 more years of trying, Surprise BFP #2 1.29.2012 | EDD 9.11.2012 | Lost 1.29.2012
    Surprise BFP #3 3.27.2012 | EDD 12/2/2012 | Lost 4.1.2012
    imageimage
    someecards.com - Get a colonic?!? Some older lady said that's what she did to cure her infertility...Who knew a fancy enema and a sparkling clean ass would cure my infertility.
    My Blog Pinterest
  • I have absolutely no preference. I have pros for a boy and a girl so I'll be happy with either.
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• I'd be happy with either one.  I would love to have one more of each eventually. 
    Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

• I'd love to have a girl because I want at least one of each, but honestly I would probably be just as happy with a boy. There's just something about little boys...they steal your heart!

image image

BFP#1 06/01/09~DS Born 01/29/10 via c/s 

BFP#2 05/17/12~EDD 01/18/13~Natural M/C 05/27/12@6w2d 

BFP#3 07/03/12~DD Born 03/08/13 via sched. c/s 

BFP #4 10/03/13 EDD 06/09/14 SURPRISE!!! On our way to 2u2!

image image

International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)...BF questions/concens welcome!

• Healthy is all that matters to me.  Honestly at my last U/S where we got to find out, my announcement after was that our LO had ten fingers, ten toes, and was perfectly healthy.  It bothered me when people insisted that I should have a preference.  I can think of positives for either, but really don't  care.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I honestly just want a healthy baby. When we do get our BFP we will be team green =)

Me (26) Him (27)
    Dx PCOS November 2010
    21 cycles TTC
    HSG April 2015 - all clear!
    May 2015 - 5 mg Femara cycle days 3-7 BFN
    June 2015 - 7.5 mg Femara cycle days 3-7 BFN
  • I honestly don't care I just want a healthy baby. I can think of good things of having a boy or a girl, but my husband I know would prefer a boy.
  • Very good question. In a perfect world...

I have no idea. Embarrassed

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ok ok...this is totally hard for me.  I have two girls, and would love a boy, because then we would for SURE be done.  But I love having girls!  I find girls clothes and stuff to be cuter, I have an easier time picking girls names, we have an abundance of boys on my side, so having girls is nice cuz they have been outnumbered for so long...  But really...I want a boy. 
    Mama of 3 earth babies and 1 beautiful angel baby
  • Well, since DH is the last one in his family to pass on his family name, we would like a boy.  But deep down, it doesn't matter as long as the baby is healthy.
    BFP #1 3/27/07-M/C 8weeks 5/3/07 "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away." 2/4/13 IUI #1+trigger=BFP!!!  DD born Oct. 9, 2013 via c-sectionAnniversary

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would be happy with either but a boy first would be nice.
    Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Ooops. I posted this and I totally forgot to post my answer. Embarrassed

In an ideal world, I would have a girl first. I have always wanted a girl first. That said, I always kind of wanted an older brother so I think a boy first could be good too. I plan to have at least one of each, so we'll see. Of course I'll be thrilled either way, but girl clothes are cuter and names are easier to pick out! DH and I can't agree on a boy name.

That said, I'm banking on a boy first. The male determines the sex of the baby and DH's family has boys first. Always. Not one girl has been first in his family. We have two nephews and no nieces. I have another SIL due in March (her first, so probably a boy).

• I used to want a boy first and then a girl so that they can have the big brother protector like i did. but as long as the baby is healthy i will take either one.
  • I started out thinking I wanted a boy first, but right now, I'm kindof hoping for our firstborn to be a girl.  DH goes back and forth, too.  I guess we're really undecided - and we'll certainly be happy either way!
  • yada, yada, healthy, yada. While I'd like a mixed bunch in the end (we'd ideally like 3-4), I'm kind of intimidated by the idea of a boy now that I feel like I have girls kind of figured out in terms of diapers and care. Plus DH and I have major problems finding boy names we both like. Still, a boy would be nice in case I have to have a RCS and they tell me my uterus can't handle any more.

My biggest thing for this next pregnancy is making it full-term, or at least term. I have no idea how I would deal with a preemie in the NICU and DD at home.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• imageEMT12resq:
    I already have a boy and it would be nice to have a girl this time around but as long as the baby is healthy IDC

This is me exactly. I would love to have a little girl, and I know DH wants a girl eventually, but as long as all is well, of course I would be overjoyed either way.

A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough...and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.
  • At first (when we started ttc or just even thinking about babies) I wanted a boy first so that he could be the protector of his little sister (assuming we would have a girl after him). But then I wanted either as long as s/he was healthy. I of course still want that, but I'm thinking I want a girl from seeing everyone I know who have children, that their little girls are so much more fun to buy clothes and hair things and little bracelets for.

But I will be so excited to just be pregnant and just know that we will be parents, so I think when I do get pregnant, I won't care as long as s/he is healthy.

DH though wants a boy first. I asked him what if it's a girl though, and he said he'd be fine with that too lol. 

• My husband wants a BOY (of course) but as a labor and delivery nurse, I would be happy with a healthy baby and a good delivery :)
    Katrina BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I used to want a girl (many years ago) because I love the bond between a mother and a daughter, but MH *knows* that we will have a boy first (how/why??? I have no idea)--anyway, I have gotten used to that idea and at this point I really don't care-I'll take either very happily!
  • imagekelly321:

yada, yada, healthy, yada. While I'd like a mixed bunch in the end (we'd ideally like 3-4), I'm kind of intimidated by the idea of a boy now that I feel like I have girls kind of figured out in terms of diapers and care. Plus DH and I have major problems finding boy names we both like. Still, a boy would be nice in case I have to have a RCS and they tell me my uterus can't handle any more.

My biggest thing for this next pregnancy is making it full-term, or at least term. I have no idea how I would deal with a preemie in the NICU and DD at home.

This. I don't care either way, I just want to make it to 3rd tri and avoid hospital bedrest again. DD's NICU neighbor was a 3rd child and my heart always hurt so much for that family. My life revolved around the hospital, pumping, sleeping and eating for 100 days and I just can't imagine trying to get through it with a child at home.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersimage
  • Sometimes I want a girl because I come from a family full of girls and I don't know what to do with boys!  DH wants a boy because he comes from a family of all boys and he says that girls have been messing with his head since he was 14.

imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • A healthy baby, of course. That being said ... We'd ultimately love one of each. My DH really wants a boy first, for the same reason that many PPs have said - to have an older brother protector. I'd love a girl, but I'm being talked around to the boy idea.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • I don't care either way. A healthy baby is what matters, but DH really wants a girl. 

• I would like to have a girl first, but I really don't care as long as the baby is healthy!! I would just be happy to have one!
  • I always wanted a boy then a girl, but my aunt once told me she thinks I'm going to have 2 boys and that's always stuck with me. I think she only said because she wishes we had more men in the family. I think when the time comes and we find out, we'll think that's exactly hat we wanted.
  • I don't care either way, I would eventually like to have a boy and a girl. But DH secretly is leaning towards a boy. He would love a girl but he has 3 brothers and so far they all have little girls and no boys. His family name will end if none of us has a boy.

BFP #1 on 8/10/11 EDD 4/21/12~ m/c 8/16/11 at 4w6d
    BFP #2 on 1/15/12 EDD 9/26/12~ m/c 1/22/12 at 4w4d
    BFP #3 on 2/15/12 EDD 10/28/12 BFP Chart
    ~~Baby MDem Born 11/7/12~~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Honestly I just want a healthy baby! There are some days where I think I would love a daughter first because, let's face it, there's so much more cute stuff out there for girls, and I know DH would become a huge softie and it would be so sweet. And other days I think a boy first would be better because DH and I are very much into sports and can't wait to experience that with a son (not that you can't experience that with a girl too though).
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't care - I go back and forth fantasizing about both. Huzby keeps saying he wants a boy, but I know he'd be happy either way. And I just have a feeling it will be a girl.

A scientifically accurate feeling. :Sarcasm:

11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • I do not give a flying flip. I will simply be excited to have a baby in my umvary!
  • I don't care either way, but it's funny lately whenever I think about my phantom baby it's always a girl that comes to mind.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Falling in Love!  November 2014
  • In my perfect world...I'm the only queen of the castle ;) Boys for me. But as long as they are healthy, I"ll be happy :) Now my body just needs to figure out this ovulation thing...
    Anniversary
    My Blog!
    TTC #1 since 11/1/2011
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    DX: Hypothyroidism (2004) & Possible PCOS (2/2012)
    CD3 b/w: Elevated LH:FSH ratio HSG: All clear! Y-shaped Uterus; SA: Normal
    Round 1 of Clomid (50mg) 8/28-9/1: BFP!
    BFP #1: 9/23/12 Edd: 6/4/2013. M/C 9/28/12 @ 4w4d
    Round 2 of Clomid (100mg) 10/3-10/7: BFP!
    BFP #2: 11/3/12 Edd: 7/16/2013. mmc discovered at 18w2d (our baby girl stopped developing at 15w3d due to Down's Syndrome). d&e 2/15/13
    3/28/13: "quite a few" uterine polyps and scar tissue discovered.
    Hysteroscopy (4/16/13): Polyps, Scar Tissue removed. Septate confirmed & removed.
    Appt with new RE 5/30/13
    Surprise BFP (with no treatment!) 6/30/13
    Our perfect little boy was born 3/11/14 - 9lbs 2oz, 21 1/4"

• I used to have a slight preference for a daughter, but we've been waiting so long to be "ready" (imo) that I'd like any happy/healthy baby. Boy or girl, I have such a happy feeling imagining what he/she would bring to our family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have two girls already and I have never cared about the sex. My youngest has health problems, so i guess I don't even think "healthy"...I just think a happy child. Healthy would be nice too, but you love them the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"