Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Thanks, DH, for being a jerk!

Argh, I am stuffed up and been feeling like crap since last Wednesday.  I hate trying to eat, because honestly, I can't breathe through my nose right now.  No matter how hard I blow, it just immediately fills back up.  Hot, I know!

So, I was eating a bowl of cereal and DH starts yelling at me that he hates when people eat with their mouths open, he can't stand the sound and I sound like a pig.  Really?  Like I am going it on purpose?  Totally hurt my feelings.  I walked out of the room and cried.  I know, I probably over reacted, but he has just been such a jerk the past few days and on top of working tons of overtime the past three weeks, feeling like crap, and not getting any sleep, I broke down.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thanks, DH, for being a jerk!

• Wtf? You just made him ribs??! 

That sucks. I hate fighting with DH especially when it's the outside world and stress not really anything one of us did that was super bad.

Use a netti pot (sp) for your nose. I swear, they're amazing! :)  

• Loading the player...
  • imagechapski:

Wtf? You just made him ribs??! 

That sucks. I hate fighting with DH especially when it's the outside world and stress not really anything one of us did that was super bad.

Yes, I did!  :(  I made him a nice dinner.  I was proud of myself.  I also spent most of the day - cleaning, cooking, running errands, laundry.  :(

Anyways, I read somewhere that people were getting infections from the netti pot.  

• imageLuckie519:
    imagechapski:

Yes, I did!  :(  I made him a nice dinner.  I was proud of myself.  I also spent most of the day - cleaning, cooking, running errands, laundry.  :(

Anyways, I read somewhere that people were getting infections from the netti pot.  

Infections?? :( wonder if it's because they weren't using new bottle as often as they should or what (like recall on packet you put in it) Hum. I've used one for years and never had a problem 

• Edited to reply to OP- What a punk! I hate trying to eat while I'm sick, and totally feel your pain. Hope your night gets better and that your nose feels better soon!

RE: Neti pot. I just read that it had to do with the tap water that the people used (two people in LA died as a result of amoebas in their tap water used in the neti pot.)

A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough...and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.
  • imagechapski:
    imageLuckie519:
    imagechapski:

Infections?? :( wonder if it's because they weren't using new bottle as often as they should or what (like recall on packet you put in it) Hum. I've used one for years and never had a problem 

Yes, if you're referring to the two people that died in a week and a half (or something like that) after using Neti pots, it was b/c they used tap water, which the directions clearly state you should not do.  I too recommend using one, but I like this type better than the traditional one.  (Walmart carries them in the pharmacy section.) Much easier!  So easy that my now 4yo can do it.

• You just need to use distilled water, or boil your tap water beforehand to sterilize it...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageCD+AL:
    imagechapski:
    imageLuckie519:
    imagechapski:

Yes, if you're referring to the two people that died in a week and a half (or something like that) after using Neti pots, it was b/c they used tap water, which the directions clearly state you should not do.  I too recommend using one, but I like this type better than the traditional one.  (Walmart carries them in the pharmacy section.) Much easier!  So easy that my now 4yo can do it.

This is the one I use. Not sure if it's still called "netti pot" because I know most people probably think of the tea pot. I call them both neti pot 

• imageMom2Oli:

1. he yelled at you

2. he called you a pig

and you think you over reacted by walking out and crying?  My husband would be wearing my bowl of cereal on his head if he said anything as insensitive and a$$holish as that.

If he wasn't in the bed, I probably would have done this, but I would have ended up changing the sheets.

• imageMom2Oli:
    imageLuckie519:
    imageMom2Oli:

1. he yelled at you

2. he called you a pig

and you think you over reacted by walking out and crying?  My husband would be wearing my bowl of cereal on his head if he said anything as insensitive and a$$holish as that.

If he wasn't in the bed, I probably would have done this, but I would have ended up changing the sheets.

I know that feeling too. I have wanted to rbeak a dish by throwing it at the husband but I think I'll have to clean it up or drive him to Convenient Care if he gets cut. I didn't mean to be a jerk to you too but you really should tell him that wasn't the cool thing to say when you are already feeling cr@ppy.

Oh, I didn't think you were trying to be a jerk.  I thought you were funny.  I try not to take things personal on here.  It's all in good fun.  

• imageLuckie519:

Argh, I am stuffed up and been feeling like crap since last Wednesday.  I hate trying to eat, because honestly, I can't breathe through my nose right now.  No matter how hard I blow, it just immediately fills back up.  Hot, I know!

So, I was eating a bowl of cereal and DH starts yelling at me that he hates when people eat with their mouths open, he can't stand the sound and I sound like a pig.  Really?  Like I am going it on purpose?  Totally hurt my feelings.  I walked out of the room and cried.  I know, I probably over reacted, but he has just been such a jerk the past few days and on top of working tons of overtime the past three weeks, feeling like crap, and not getting any sleep, I broke down.

1. He is a jerk

2. Go get some afrin so you can breathe. Staying stuffed up doesn't make it go away any faster. Why be miserable?

Hope you feel better.

• OMFG.  I would have thrown something.  He sounds like a major butthole!
  • OP your DH needs a reality check.  Your DH should be helping out while your not feeling well not yelling at you and calling you a pig for the way you are eating cereal. 

I have had a cold with congestion for the past week also.  DH has stepped up helping out around the house and helping even more with LO so I can rest and get better.

In the nicest way possible let your DH know what a jackhole he is and that if he wants a nice dinner he can make it himself and then clean up after while he is at it.  I would also let him know that the next time he is sick, you will berate him for little things and let him fend for himself.

• imageLuckie519:
    imageMom2Oli:

1. he yelled at you

2. he called you a pig

My H wouldn't be in the bed with me after that. Your H is anasshole.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"