August 2012 Moms
Options

Hello! I've been lurking.....

Hi August Board!

I've been politely eavesdropping on this board, since...oh....mid December. You ladies have been sooo funny and encouraging to others. Every night before I go to sleep, I've grabbed my iphone, curled up in bed, and caught up on the days posts. Some favorites have been: "there's been a robbery", "perfect dessert" (btw I immidatley made fried pickles that night based on the picture alone), "a little gem of a post/thread", and who could forget the "cockasaurus" debacle.

Since my total shock and complete awesome amazement, in finding out I was pregnant, the following have happened:

1. Had 3 u/s, showing my little peanut a "movin and a shakin". Kind of. Had the third one today and the little bugger was napping. On his head. So he wasn't wiggling for us today, but his heart beat was strong!

2. Haven't actually heard baby's heartbeat, because today, we just couldn't hear it on the doppler. However the Dr. was so awesome she didn't let me leave until I saw the little one. She switched rooms for us so we could get an u/s machine and make sure everything was ok. She was concerned that I didn't go home and worry for the next couple of weeks. I really, really, appreciated that.

3. I had no idea you could smell things. Through walls. (duplex style condo) Yup, smelled my neighbors cooking breakfast one day and I literally woke up out of a dead sleep saying "Yum, bacon and eggs." It was oddly fascinating and extremely creepy.

4. I didn't know your uterus, "lady parts" and hips could give you such crazy, unexplainable,shooting pains that it makes you say Je@#$, Mary, and Joseph!! WHAT THE H$LL was that?!?! whilst you are out in public, shopping. Making other shoppers look at you like you are certifiably crazy. Or just have turrets. 

5. I have realized if you ever want to have a good laugh. Just look at one of us active duty military ladies....in a military maternity uniform. I promise on (choose your spiritual guidebook/icon), these uniforms were designed by men. Extremely drunk men. Using a huge beach ball as a body guide and spending a whole 5 minutes coming up with the design. They are awful and I swear the tops/blouses alone could double as a tent, for a family. Ohhhhhh unflattering does. not. even. describe. it.

6. The little peanut was conceived on my birthday, (Thanksgiving), we are 12 weeks along tomorrow (Wednesday) and our expected due date is August 16th. Yeah Leo's! Raarrrwwwwwrrrrrrrr!!

Hope everyone's having a good Tuesday and "Cheers" to August! 

July Siggy Challenge: Chambord Pomegranate Margarita. YUM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hello! I've been lurking.....

• Options

i totally had to google the uniform thing, and wow.  they only showed a few options, but you'd think they'd at least make more bdu's with the strechy band thing...

on a plus side, does this mean that you don't have to buy as many pieces of maternity clothes?  just for off duty?  sorry, i don't know much about when you are in and out of uniform in the military.

10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options

Congrats and Welcome to August!

Sounds like you will be a fun addition to the board!

~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Nice to meet you Smile

And... after reading your pretty snazzy intro, I like you.  Please post more often Yes 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Options

@ Andreabks, they're awful, right?!? I've haven't put mine on yet because I'm going to try and hold out and wear my regular uniform (BDU's/ODU's) as long as possible. BUT I ordered my maternity stuff, and it's a doozie. I get the willie's just looking at it. Good news, is that we don't have to wear any uniform when we're off work. And I guess it does help having to figure out what you're going to wear every day.  So yeah, that's kind of the only good thing about them :)

@pinkpepsi, Thanks! I hope so!

July Siggy Challenge: Chambord Pomegranate Margarita. YUM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

babyike, nice to meet you too and will do! :)

• Options
    imageLilTexasPeanut:

babyike, nice to meet you too and will do! :)

Welcome and stick around and post. Sound like you have a wonderful outlook and we would love to hear from ya!  and oh yes.... leo babies rock!!!!! i am one myself!!!

ROOOOAR!! :) take care 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Your intro was 100x better than mine. I feel so boring! Oh, and hello!
  • Options
    Hey! Welcome! I wanted to say we are date buddies! My two were conceived on Thanksgiving also and August 16 is my due date!
  • Options
    Welcome, welcome and welcome! Reading your post was like reading the blog of someone I've known for years. Keep posting, like the others said, we like you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    welcome to the board! I am also wondering why you lurked for so long! I'm excited to have you here :)
    TTC since October 2010 | BFP 12/29/11 | RRQ BORN 08/26/12
    planned | married | blogged
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks Ya'll! (Texan speak) I appreciate the warm welcome!! I know, lurking for sooo long does make me seem kind of creeper-esque or just silly, huh?

I'm one of those crazy-paranoid types, and since I've already had one miscarriage, I was really on the fence about posting....until the second trimester. Now that it's right around the corner, I thought "what the heck, let's write!".

I hope everyone's Wednesday was a good one. I know I'm ready for the weekend and some super bowl pizza/junk-food-bonanza, and just blending into the couch with my sweats.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"