August 2011 Moms
Options

What kind of cake . . .

What kind of cake would you serve at a baptism brunch?  The rest of the meal consists of French toast casserole, honey baked ham, mini omlettes, fruit kabobs, and possibly some kind of salad dish.  I have a beautiul cross shaped cake pan and really wanted to bake some kind of cake but can't decide what kind goes well with brunch.  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What kind of cake . . .

• Options

Mmmm...cake

You could go Devil's Food for the irony.  Or, just a nice white or yellow cake with a delicious frosting.

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    Pineapple upside down cake? (I don't like it, but it sounds like it would go well) Or strawberry short cake. Neither one are super heavy deserts.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Realistically, you don't have any chocolate on that menu.  Chocolate is an important food group. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageJelliebean1982:
    Realistically, you don't have any chocolate on that menu.  Chocolate is an important food group. 

This is true. Chocolate covered strawberry short cake

/gavel!! 

• Options
    imageCobra11:

imageJelliebean1982:

/gavel!! 

Win!

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    imageKaren1998:
    imageCobra11:

imageJelliebean1982:

/gavel!! 

Win!

And I think we have a winner!  Any way I can make that instantly right now! haha!

• Options
    I want cake so bad right now. 
  • Options
    I was going to suggest strawberry shortcake!
  • Options
    I'm doing a yellow cake with white icing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Lemon cake would be nice and light for early in the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageCobra11:
    Pineapple upside down cake? (I don't like it, but it sounds like it would go well) Or strawberry short cake. Neither one are super heavy deserts.

Oh my I LOVE pineapple upside down cake!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options

I would say Red Velvet Mmmmmm

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"