Multiples
Options

My boys are TURDS! Anyone else?

I mean turds in the most loving way possible but they drive me crazy. They've always been bad at falling to sleep at naps, but now at bedtime they're giving us trouble too. They've learned to take off their PJs and diapers and have taken to doing it a couple times an evening before finally falling asleep. We've just PTed them and James recently only ever has accidents when he is in time out. While they discovered a while ago that they could climb on chairs to their advantage they are using this skill much more frequently in an attempt to help me with things- doing dishes, cracking open eggs, bringing me scissors that are in our top drawers. They tend to bring me things they know they shouldn't have saying, "no, no" to clarify that they know they shouldn't have them. They test me over and over. Sigh. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My boys are TURDS! Anyone else?

• Options

You're not alone!  My favorite here is the reprimanding they do of each other seconds before they themselves turn around and do exactly what the other just did. Stinkers!  

• Options

Thankfully my twins have not started undressing themselves yet. My 2 year old does though and it drives me bonkers. He also gets into everything even though he knows he's not supposed to. He's the one who makes me look forward to bedtime. 

I do have one twin who climbs onto the table and I get him down 500 times a day and he still does it. I'm scared he's going to fall and he just laughs and walks across the top of the table. Crazy boy.

Life with toddlers is never dull, that's for sure!

Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    blanket sleepers put on backwards...unless they unzip each other...
    santasmall Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagefrogchic295:
    blanket sleepers put on backwards...unless they unzip each other...

LOVE this idea and will put it to the test tomorrow night!  

• Options

I have no advice but your subject made me laugh out loud. And dread the day a few months from now when I'll be saying the same thing.

On an unrelated note, we are about to travel internationally with the kids in a few weeks and I found your blog post with tips to be super helpful. Thanks! 

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejalaiaa:

They tend to bring me things they know they shouldn't have saying, "no, no" to clarify that they know they shouldn't have them.  

My boys do this to and it is all I can do to not be like "well then what the h*ll dudes, if you know you're not supposed to have it then what are you doing?!"  So aggravating.

• Options

I had SUCH an AWFUL day yesterday.  Nobody could be happy.  Everyone was whining and no matter what I said, no one would listen.  WTF???

I was at my breaking point.  Finally I put them both in a crib with their toy laptops and went downstairs so I could have a time out....it was a historically challenging day. 

I'm hoping today will be..........even just a tiny bit better!  Even a tiny bit will satisfy me!

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageamanda31H:

I had SUCH an AWFUL day yesterday.  Nobody could be happy.  Everyone was whining and no matter what I said, no one would listen.  WTF???

I was at my breaking point.  Finally I put them both in a crib with their toy laptops and went downstairs so I could have a time out....it was a historically challenging day. 

I'm hoping today will be..........even just a tiny bit better!  Even a tiny bit will satisfy me!

I've been there. It seems that on those days, they don't nap well either. So I tell myself all morning, if I can just get to naps I'll be OK. Then they don't nap and I want to rip my hair out.

Oddly enough those are usually the days that I go to bed at night and remind myself that if all I have to contend with in life are whiny troublemaking toddlers, I really have it good. But when I'm in the middle of it it seems like hell. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"