June 2012 Moms
Options

ideas for tattoos?

Obviously, I won't be getting one until after LO is here, but I want something that resembles my bieng a mother. & I would like to be able to add to it with future kiddos.

I, however, don't want the traditional foot or hand prints. Ideas, ladies? I was wondering if any of you mamas of 1 or more have any advice on this. Thanks a bunch!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ideas for tattoos?

• Options
    This is a great question.  I'm curious to see what kind of response you get.  I was just about to get DS's name on the inside of my wrist but I got pregnant.  Since I have to wait I will just get two names when I go.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    this girl I worked with a few years ago had a charm bracelet tattooed around her ankle and she had tattoo charms representing her kids
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    how bout something to do w/ a tree? i dont know how you'd do it, but with tree meaning life and you'd be the tree trunk as the mom, and the leaves would be your children.
  • Options
    I'm getting a quote on my back shoulder that says "I hope you always find a reason to smile" then underneath with bullets shaped as hearts I'm using LO's name and can add to it with more heart bullets for more LO's!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I have a flower on my shoulder from when I graduated and a second just below from when my first daughter was born; I planned on getting another when I got married but I got pregnant right away so that was put on hold.

After this baby, I'll get 3 more flowers; marriage, baby 2 and baby 3.  I'll have a little vine of flowers for the big events in my life.  No names, footprints, nothing like that, but I'll know what each one of them is there for.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageseansgirl2006:
    This is a great question.  I'm curious to see what kind of response you get.  I was just about to get DS's name on the inside of my wrist but I got pregnant.  Since I have to wait I will just get two names when I go.

I'm not a big fan of tattoos but before getting pregnant with #3 I was seriously considering this idea as well: getting the names of the LOs in nice, neat cursive on the inside of my wrist. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Well here's what I might get (eventually): a tree up my ribs. Each one of my children's names gets its own branch. It'll be my own family tree right by my side.

But I really like this idea for around the ankle: https://www.ivstatic.com/files/et/imagecache/636/files/slides/Ankle-Flower-Tattoo.jpg 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    my mom got a cherry blossom tattoo when my grandma died. she added a new blossom to it for my sister, brother, and then for myself. around the cherry blossoms are swirled and all of our initials are swirled it. i like it because its not like BAM - tattoo. they are light in tones so they aren't super noticeable. 
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant TickerBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    imagePrimReaper:

I have a flower on my shoulder from when I graduated and a second just below from when my first daughter was born; I planned on getting another when I got married but I got pregnant right away so that was put on hold.

After this baby, I'll get 3 more flowers; marriage, baby 2 and baby 3.  I'll have a little vine of flowers for the big events in my life.  No names, footprints, nothing like that, but I'll know what each one of them is there for.

This is a really beautiful idea!  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a sun and a moon that are both part of the same circle and stars the color of my boys birth stones. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagePrimReaper:

I love this idea.

• Options
    I have my sons birth date in Roman Numerals on my back and Sadie's will go below it in pink.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I will most likely wait until my kids are older and their personalities/interests are more aparent so that I can get a tattoo that truly represents who they are or what makes me think of them. For example, I got a tattoo of an old-syle classic Navy anchor for my father after he died because he was very patriotic and was in the Navy during Vietnam. He used to complain that he was the only one who didn't get a tattoo back then and later my mother, sister and I all had tattoos and he was the only one who never got one, so I got it for him. I am getting a pirate ship (as soon as I stop being constantly pregnant!) for my mother since she has a major pirate obsession that has lasted her whole life. Every time I see anything to do with pirates, I think of my mom. So I will wait until my kids get a bit older and I have something that will be representative of who they are as people and what reminds me of them. I had thought of getting something that represents their names, like an eagle for my daughter Saoirse because her name is the Irish word for "freedom" and an eagle is the American symbol for freedom, but I think I still might wait to see if I come up with something more specific to who she is, not just what I named her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

All my tattoo's are Egyptian esk..I chose to get the ankh because it is the symbol of life..Which as mother we are :)

This is what I have so far..I plan on getting my name in a cartouche inbetween the existing two tattoos and after baby arrives adding 2 little cartouches with their intials on either side of mine.

Born 27wks 3 day 2 lbs 10 oz 15 inches image My BFP chart BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"