Trouble TTC
Options

For people who used clomid, what was your first period like?

I took my first round of clomid earlier this month. I haven't tested yet, but I am about 99.9% sure I am not pregnant. I always have bad cramps/lower back pain a day or 2 before my periods starts, but this month it's about 100x worse.

Was your first period after taking clomid much different for you?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For people who used clomid, what was your first period like?

• Options

Clotty,  Really Clotty(sp?)

• Options
    YES! My period has been much worse since taking clomid! I also agree with PP, much more clotting than before. My cramps get really bad sometimes to the point where I need to bend down until they pass. But just like pre clomid I only get cramps the first 1-3 days, now post clomid its just worse!! You are not alone!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had short, light cycles last summer on the Clomid cycles. I don't remember having horrible cramps.

PAIF/SAIF welcome
    PCOS-IR / Hypothyroid
    IUI#1-3: 100mg Clomid + Ovidrel trigger = BFN
    imageimageimage
  • Options

As pp clotty and cramps!!! Its a lot worse for me than a normal cycle.

TTC Since March 2010
    DX: Ovulation Disfunction DH:low volume, but good
    3 clomid cycles (50MG - 150 MG): No Response
    Femara (5MG) 2/2012: Weak ovulation BFN
    Femara (5MG) 3/2012: BFP!!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My first Clomid cycle period felt like someone was trying to rip out my insides. I cramped so bad. The 2nd cycle wasn't that bad.
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options
    really light and no cramps, which is TOTALLY opposite of a non-medicated cycle for me.

• Options

My cycles have been shorter (3 days) but the flow has been HEAVY. And I had cramps that would wake me up at night from the pain. (I normally have minimal cramps.) This is my 3rd cycle, and I had break-through bleeding 2dpo - 4dpo, so I'm not sure how AF will be this time around (should she come).

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

My first few days were heavier than normal. Also, last period lasted 2 extra days (but i had a cyst that cycle so maybe that was the case?). I would also expect some clots. 

sidenote: is one of the dogs in your pic part-pug? I have a pug and love them! 

Me: 31yrs old. In same/sex relationship for 12years
    I'm carrying & we are using anonymous donor sperm
    In March 2012 diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve (AMH = O.67) & IVF recommended

FET (2 5dt embryos) on 11/5/12= BFP! Beta #1=58; Beta #2=98, Beta #3=373. First u/s on 11/28/12 = 1 sac with fetal pole & heartbeat! Next u/s = 12/12/12

TTC History
    IVF#1 (Antagonist Protocol) Sept 2012 = BFN
    10R; 8F; 4 Day5 GradeA embryos. Put back 2, froze 2.
    12 IUIs (in 9 cycles) since March 2011:
    6 unmedicated/unmonitored = BFNs
    3 with Clomid/Trigger/monitoring/progesterone = BFNs
    "The Spirit of God moves over the formless void, over the darkness and deep, over the surface of the waters. When there is nothing...God is still there."

• Options
    imageSeagull2012:

My first few days were heavier than normal. Also, last period lasted 2 extra days (but i had a cyst that cycle so maybe that was the case?). I would also expect some clots. 

sidenote: is one of the dogs in your pic part-pug? I have a pug and love them! 

One's a mastiff (the skinny lighter one). She weighs 140 lbs now and the other one is an english bulldog.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Heavier and clotty too.  Lasted about 3 days though.
    Me: 31 DH: 31 Married April 2009, TTGP w/o BCP since 5/2010 dx: PCOS (annovulation) 12/2010 Started with RE 10/2011; HSG- all clear, SA- good to go Started 50 mg Clomid 12/2011=BFN January 2012 100 mg Clomid, IUI 1/25=BFN February 2012 100 mg Clomid, IUI soon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"