Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

maybe old but

did you know if you have health insurance you can get your doc. to write you a prescription for a breast pump and your insurance well pay for it , i had no idea lol just found that out today 

Re: maybe old but

• Options
    Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for sharing! :)
    imageimage imageimage
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Never heard that....good info!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow that is really great to know!  Luckily, the company I work for subsidizes the cost so I would only pay $45!
  • Options
    Good to know! I'll file that tidbit away.
  • Options
    I actually didn't know that, I assumed I'd have to buy the $300 one from Babies r Us, lol. Thanks for sharing, will make note of this when the time comes Smile
    Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • Options
    Great to know! I never would have thought to ask!
    siggy warning

Anniversary

Me:29 DH:30
    TTC since 10/11
    HSG, BW, Ultrasound, SA, Genetic testing, Karyotype - all normal
    DX - Unexplained IF
    3/13-9/13 - 2 Clomid IUIs & 3 Injectable IUIs - All BFN
    Cycle 25 - IVF w/ antagonist protocol - ER 11/18 (11R, 9F) - ET 11/23 (1 "good" early blast) - none left to freeze - BFN
    Cycle 26 - IVF w/ antagonist protocol  - ER 1/17 (12R, 11M, 8 F) - ET 1/22 (2 "good" expanded blasts) 
    2 frosties - Beta 2/4 - BFP! 2104, 2/7 -  4780, ultrasound 2/12 - holy shiz, there are 2!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I wish I had known that before having ds.
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Definately check with your insurance.  Mine won't cover a breast pump for any reason.  We did get one through the hospital much cheaper than retail.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    I work for a national insurer and we will only cover a breast pump if the baby is/has been in the NICU so it is always best to check with your insurance. 
  • Options

imagejakesgirl2:
    I work for a national insurer and we will only cover a breast pump if the baby is/has been in the NICU so it is always best to check with your insurance. 

I'm sure you know what you're talking about, but I thought I read somewhere that breast pumps had to be covered by insurance as part of the president's health care reform. If I remember correct, that part of the bill was supposed to take effect this year. Any idea?

DS #1 Born: 11/29/12

LO #2 EDD: 10/20/14 

• Options

Just found this article (sorry don't know how to make it clicky) It says insurers must cover breast pumps for nursing mothers. It looks like it's next year when it takes effect. There are exceptions, of course.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/01/obama-birth-control-health-insurance_n_914818.html

DS #1 Born: 11/29/12

LO #2 EDD: 10/20/14 

• Options

I did know that, yes. Only because I work in a pharmacy lol.

However, like PPs said, it does depend on the insurance company and the type of pump.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"