Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

3 day fever - WWYD?

My five month old has had a fever for a little over 3 days now, hovering around 103 without meds, and coming down to about 100.5 with ibuprofen/Tylenol combo (as per the pediatrician). 

Should I take her in to the pedi? I had an appointment for earlier today but she seemed much better this afternoon, but she's gotten hotter this evening. She's slightly cranky, and doesn't sleep that well at night, but there are no other side effects other than the fever. No rash, no indigestion, no runny nose.  

I called my mother and asked her opinion, she's of the "wait and see" variety. I don't want to take time off work and drag DD into the office if all they can tell me is "Yup, she's got a fever alright." 

WWYD? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3 day fever - WWYD?

• Options
    For a fever lasting 3 days, I'd take her in, especially considering her age. DD1 had 6 ear infections and her only symptom was a fever. You may find out it's a virus and just has to run it's course, but better to go in and be told that than wait it out and find out it's an ear infection or worse and end up with bigger problems.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would definitely take her in.  At that age just for my own peace of mind mostly...knowing that most times when my kids are sick there is nothing the dr. can do. But the one time that DS had a fever for 3 days, he had pneumonia. And he didn't seem that sick. To me a 3 day fever is worth an office visit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I would take her in. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"