Trouble TTC
Options

So Good News and Bad News

I called my OBGYN today for two reasons:

1. I want to be referred to an RE

2. I'm not being monitored on Clomid and I have no clue what is going on this cycle

The good: My OBGYN is mailing my referral tomorrow morning! *happy dance*

The bad: He said here in Manitoba, they don't monitor patients on clomid b/c everyone would be lining up for U/S....grrr!

So, I guess I have to wait this cycle out until CD30 when I can start progesterone to bring on AF...FUIF!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: So Good News and Bad News

• Options

So glad you are being referred to a RE!  Most OB's don't monitor on clomid.  I was oblivious to the need of monitoring also and let my OB put me on clomid for 2 cycles.  When I went to a RE, he was beyond annoyed that OB's jump right on the clomid band wagon when "they don't know what they are doing with it" (his words). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagearmcgill:

2. I'm not being monitored on Clomid and I have no clue what is going on this cycle

The good: My OBGYN is mailing my referral tomorrow morning! *happy dance*

The bad: He said here in Manitoba, they don't monitor patients on clomid b/c everyone would be lining up for U/S....grrr!

So, I guess I have to wait this cycle out until CD30 when I can start progesterone to bring on AF...FUIF!

I really flarking hate OB/GYN's. To the point that I never want to leave my RE. I have had so many give me incorrect information, say things about IF that they should never say, and had one actually tell me that "RE's just try random things until they work". I highly doubt that nobody is monitored on Clomid in your area. If that's the case, I wouldn't take the drug.

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagearmcgill:

I called my Ob/Gyn today too...for the exact same reason! I am on my 4th cycle of Clomid (unmonitored) and this board made me realize I need to be monitored!!!

Good luck with the RE!! 

6/2014: IUI #3 - Menopur + trigger = BFP!!
    Betas: 9dpiui=15.3, 14dpiui=385, 16dpiui=1162
    7/10/2014: 1st ultrasound - 1 beautiful little heartbeat (121bpm)

DD born 12/2012:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageTrish11278:

So glad you are being referred to a RE!  Most OB's don't monitor on clomid.  I was oblivious to the need of monitoring also and let my OB put me on clomid for 2 cycles.  When I went to a RE, he was beyond annoyed that OB's jump right on the clomid band wagon when "they don't know what they are doing with it" (his words). 

I hate when you get a response like this from Dr.'s.

TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    This comment seems odd to me, too. My doc said they we always monitor on Clomid b/c you need to know if it's working and if it creates cysts, etc. And, honestly, if you are paying for the u/s then i think you should ask for one!!
    Me: 31yrs old. In same/sex relationship for 12years
    I'm carrying & we are using anonymous donor sperm
    In March 2012 diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve (AMH = O.67) & IVF recommended

FET (2 5dt embryos) on 11/5/12= BFP! Beta #1=58; Beta #2=98, Beta #3=373. First u/s on 11/28/12 = 1 sac with fetal pole & heartbeat! Next u/s = 12/12/12

TTC History
    IVF#1 (Antagonist Protocol) Sept 2012 = BFN
    10R; 8F; 4 Day5 GradeA embryos. Put back 2, froze 2.
    12 IUIs (in 9 cycles) since March 2011:
    6 unmedicated/unmonitored = BFNs
    3 with Clomid/Trigger/monitoring/progesterone = BFNs
    "The Spirit of God moves over the formless void, over the darkness and deep, over the surface of the waters. When there is nothing...God is still there."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"