October 2012 Moms
Options

waiting until 8 weeks.

I had a loss a few months ago during my first pregnancy. 

My dr's office has a standard practice of seeing women at 8 weeks.

I'm annoyed that they won't see me sooner given that I've had a loss. This is going to be a LONG 3.5 weeks.

Vent over :) 

Re: waiting until 8 weeks.

• Options

How many weeks were you in your last pregnancy when you found out about your loss?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I understand how you feel. I had a loss in August and just got my BFP this morning! It's exciting and scary all at the same time.

Hang in there! 

--- MMC 08/25/11 at 11w measuring 6w --- --- MMC 03/13/12 at 10w measuring 6w ---
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageahavah07:

How many weeks were you in your last pregnancy when you found out about your loss? 

I was a little over 5 weeks.  

• Options

Sorry for your loss. From what I've read here, it seems that if you had a previous loss, you'll get in sooner. So I can imagine how worried you must be.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel your pain, I had a loss back in Sept and my OB practice does the whole 8 week thing too :( It's killing me especially because mine was a MMC and I had no clue until weeks later!!! They are seeing me at 7w6d so here is to the next 3 and a half weeks for us lol :) All will be okay!
  • Options
    uggh.. I hate when the dr office does that. the wait is nerve wracking. sorry.
  • Options

Sorry this is too late to help you for your appt but might help others - I heard (and true for my dr) if you are unsure, or "unsure" if ya know what I mean, about whether your last period was real or just spotting they will see you to do a dating ultrasound. So when you call the first time, they will want to figure out if you are 4-5 wks or 8-9 and want to get you in.

Try to keep busy and find some non-baby projects - scrapbooks, update your recipe book, make/send some Valentine's Day cards, find some new things to cook...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I'm in virtually the exact.same.boat. My new OB won't see me until Monday the 6th (and I had to really twist her arm on that one, usually it's not until after 7 weeks) and I'll be 5w5d at that time. She also does not draw betas to track doubling. It sucks.

Hang in there!

• Options
    I'm right there with you. I got my BFP 1/23/12 and I'm not going into my appt. until Feb. 27! The office I go to does not do doubling betas either. I've started a mental countdown for myself (<26 days). Here's hoping we all have H&H 9 months and babies!
    TTC: 23Dec11 LMP: 25Dec11 BFP: 23Jan11 EDD: 01Oct12 Pregnancy Ticker imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"