February 2012 Moms
Options

Dumb boob question?

I've gone from a 34 B to maybe a 38 B. Aside from my nipples getting darker, I haven't had any leaking or discharge. After a lifetime of feeling like I have incompetent boobs lol, I'm paranoid that they won't work when the time comes. Is it normal that I haven't experienced much change or signs of leaking yet?

Re: Dumb boob question?

• Options

There is a boob question just below yours on this forum. Read those responses too. As discussed there, all information I've read/been told by midwives on your boobs leaking or not has no bearing at all on how well your milk will come in. I highly doubt only slight growth has any bearing either.

Birth and breast feeding is a time when your body knows a lot more than you do. I'm sure your boobs will know what do when the time comes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a recurring dream that my breasts will not produce milk when I try to feed my son. No joke, I probably have had this dream at LEAST once a week since the middle of my pregnancy. I am the same- no leaking and they arent much bigger than they were pre-preg. Surely our bodies will know what to do, but I totally understand why you're worried!

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My boobs had not grown at all during pregnancy, I wore the same bras the whole time and my milk came in with no problem at all. I also had no leaking or anything at all before hand. I also was worried that my milk wouldn't come in at all. But my body knew what it was doing the whole time, I am sure yours does too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    schedule a consult with a lactation nurse predelivery. She'll help guide you through any potential hangups and help get you prepped, mentally and physically. Best $5 I've ever spent...aside from my krispy kreme splurge the other day. ;-)
  • Options
    My boobs didn't grow much at all with either of my pregnancies nor have I ever leaked. After giving birth to DD #1, I asked the nurse if she thought i was producing anything and she leaned over and squeezed my nipple and i was shocked when colostrum came out! I nursed for 9 months, your body will know what to do.
    Me- 28 DH- 36 Diagnosis- MFI IVF baby #1- DD, 2 years old MC at 6 weeks in Feb 2011 (FET) IVF #2- BFP! IVF baby #2- DD, 4 months old
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"