TTC After a Loss
Options

Tell me about your first post-m/c LP (and intro, kinda long)

Hi ladies. I've been lurking here for a while and haven't posted much because I wasn't sure how much time I'd have to be active. But I'm now finally saying hi and hope to participate here and there. I'm so sorry to hear about all your losses. I have had a number of close friends go through this as well and this is one club no one wants to join. Thankfully there are places like this where people can share/help one another, etc.

Back story: Been a nestie/bumpie for years. Familar with charting, spent time on TN GP board before I had my DD.  So not new to all this TTC business. Read your blog and all that. Had a m/c on 12/25/11 (lovely) and am trying to re-group. I started charting within a few days of my m/c and right now am 8 dpo.

Question: For those of you who charted after a m/c what was your 1st LP like? As I mentioned, I'm 8 dpo. Today my temp dropped, I've had brown spotting and am cramping. Really hoping AF stays off for a few more days but it isn't looking hopeful. I know cycles can vary quite a bit after a m/c but a short LP was NOT what I was hoping for. I've heard sometimes people can have a short LP at first and then it gets back to normal but that isn't really adding up to me. Was this the case for any of you? What was your first post-m/c cycle like? Again, I know things vary person to person, but I'm trying to decide if I wait out one more cycle to establish a LP issue or go talk to my OB right away and would love some of your personal stories.

We plan to TTC right away b/c I have some work issues if I start a mat. leave Jan-March, so I want to at least have a shot before we'd have to take a break for a couple of months. I've already been to see my OB once post-m/c f/u with annoying charting questions. She's cool about it but I don't want to come across as obsessive either.

I don't have a lot of history to put with this b/c I only had two cycles after DD due to nursing, and I had just started charting when I got pg with the m/c. I'm not really relying on my pre-DD cycle data, but if I do, my LP may have been only 11 days.

Anyway, just looking for some of your personal insight. Thanks!

BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

Re: Tell me about your first post-m/c LP (and intro, kinda long)

• Options
    Welcome to the board. I don't have much advice re: LP post-m/c, since I'm only just now starting to chart, but I know that there will be a lot of ladies here that can help. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First, sorry about your loss. I actually just got my first AF post MC today. I did notice that my LP was shorter than normal. I started spotting yesterday and that would put me at a 10-11 day LP depending on when I o'd (I only used opks and CM this month). My normal LP is around 14 days so about three days shorter. I HTH and that it even outs for you in the next couple cycles.
    photo 35d244fc-d783-4f72-9f87-95af3ae7a0be.jpgLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board, as you've seen, this is an awesome group.

I am charting my first time this cycle (3rd post m/c) so I don't have LP advice. Based on OPKs and observing CM, my LP seemed really freakishly long... but again, without having charted I have no way to tell for sure.

FX your stay is short!

BFP #1 (m/c at 9 weeks, 11/11) BFP #2 (DS, 12/11/12) BFP #3 (EDD 10/8/14)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Welcome, and sorry you're here.

My LPs pre-m/c were on the short side - averaged about 10 days. I started taking B-6 and went to 11, then 13 days, and then got my BFP on the third cycle taking B-6. I kept taking B-6 (only 50mg) throughout my pregnancy and loss, and my first cycle post loss had a 14 day LP. So it appears I've been able to regulate my short LP, but who knows, since I've only had one AF since my m/c. From everything I've heard and read, anything goes the first few cycles following m/c. Next cycle my LP could be shorter, longer or the same.

So don't get too concerned if AF shows up sooner than you would have liked her to. On the bright side, that puts you just that much closer to being able to try again! Your LP very well may be more "normal" next cycle, and if not, it's something that can usually be corrected.

BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    I'm sorry about your loss. I don't have advice but just wanted to welcome you to the board!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Welcome to the board, I'm sorry for your loss :(

Regarding LPs, my LPs before my m/c were about 14 days long (based on CM alone). I started temping after my m/c. My first LP was 18 days long and now they've started getting back to normal. My last LP was 14 days long. You're welcome to check out my chart if you like, it's in my siggy. I did miss my O date a few times b/c of being sick and erratic temping but it's still pretty easy to estimate based on my CM during the times I missed temping. 

DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Options
    I only chart OPKs and CM, not BBT. My first LP after my mc was 13 days. I'm usually a perfect 28 day cycle with a 14 day LP. So only short by one day. After my m/c in July, I wasn't very accurate on my charting, but I think my LP was 10 days. But regulated by the second cycle. Sorry for your loss!
    TTC #1 BFP 6/1/2011 blighted ovum d&c 7/15/11
    TTC #2 BFP 12/6/11 chemical pregnancy natural mc 12/18/11
    TTC #3 BFP 3/19/12. 4/9: HR of 134! **Bake Turkey, Bake!**
    **All ALs Welcome**
  • Options
    Thanks for your nice words and tips, ladies. I hope to be able to contribute to this board a bit here and there. And yes, anxious to start TTC again.
    BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
    BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
    BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
    BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

• Options

Welcome to the board. I am so very sorry for your loss.

For me, my first LP post m/c was 9 days. I brought it up with my doctors but they weren't concerned since they said it can sometimes be a little wacky after a m/c. Unfortunately, I continued to have a short LP for the next couple of cycles. I asked my doctor about taking a B-complex vitamin along with my prenatal to possibly lengthen my LP. He had no problem with that. After one cycle, my LP increased to 13 days.

imageimageimage
    BFP #1 ~ EDD 5.20.2012 ~ MC 10.1.2011
    BFP #2 ~ EDD 11.15.2012 ~ CP 3.7.2012
    BFP #3 ~ DS born 12.03.2012

FF Chart
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"