June 2011 Moms
Options

::head desk:: You've got to be kidding me...right?

Sorry, this is LONG. Back story, I do all the programming at a City Park:

So we have a class here that takes up 3 hours in the meeting room. Unfortunately each and every session we only have enough students for one class to go, but we've been giving the instructor all 3 hours anyways.

This summer session I decided he gets one hour and that's it. I send him an email back on 1/12 telling him this. I hear nothing back. I resend that email on 1/18 asking if it got misplaced and that I need an answer.

He responds back with "This is the first i've heard of this. We will discuss." Whatever.

I don't hear back from him by 1/26 so I email AGAIN saying I really need a decision on the time you would like.

STILL hadn't heard anything back by today, so I send him another today saying "I need an answer by Thursday at 9AM or you will not be able to have any classes at the park this summer".

He shoots back right away:

I would like 2 hours... 10:30 - 12:30. I believe I asked for my time frame first. You may move any conflicting program to the 9:30 slot. All in a question of fairness and commitment, Creative Kids deserves that much.

I send back "Mike, I can only guarantee on hour this summer session".

He immediately calls the front desk asking for my boss. She's out of the office, so Phil takes a message. He shoots me another message saying "Have Kathy Call me"

He's a *** moron. For real. Boss is not in charge of the classes, I am. Either way, I've talked to her about this situation and she is on my side. Sorry dude, I'd rather lose you as a contractor than use you any more. Get a grip. Life is not all about you.

I'm just super shocked by the "I'm going to run and tell mommy" tactic he's trying to pull.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: ::head desk:: You've got to be kidding me...right?

• Options
    Ugh how annoying that he took so long to respond to you and then tells you that "you may move any conflicting programs to the 9:30 slot"! He sounds like a jerk, I'd drop him!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ugh, not cool. I think a nice big glass of wine is in order for you after work today! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJuneBugsMommy:
    Ugh how annoying that he took so long to respond to you and then tells you that "you may move any conflicting programs to the 9:30 slot"! He sounds like a jerk, I'd drop him!
    I'm so completely ready to. It's not like we make a lot of money on his classes anyways. Only $5 a person with a MAX of 5 people each 4 weeks he runs the class. So not worth my stress.
  • Options
    imagePurdueMama14:
    Ugh, not cool. I think a nice big glass of wine is in order for you after work today! :)
    Great idea!
  • Options

Ridiculous! Ugh.

peace,
    katharine

Book-Kitten blog

• Options

i deal with this ALL THE TIME

as long as your boss backs you up, he's just an annoyance

Unfortunately, if anyone gets to my boss before I do, she tends to say "oh-- ok- sure"-- so annoying

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebunnymama625:

i deal with this ALL THE TIME

as long as your boss backs you up, he's just an annoyance

Unfortunately, if anyone gets to my boss before I do, she tends to say "oh-- ok- sure"-- so annoying

Luckily I talk most things through her before doing them. She used to be in charge of classes before we reorganized and she moved up to Park Manager and me to Ass. Park manager. I like to bounce ideas off of her before following through. We have a SMALL office. Only 3 of us here.
  • Options

annoying!

I'd talk to your boss to let her know what you're going to do, and then email him back copying her, and tell him " Kathy and I have already discussed this. Due to X reasons, we are only alloting one hour to the program this summer. Please let us know which hour you would like or we will choose one for you."

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageCarlaAndJames:

annoying!

I'd talk to your boss to let her know what you're going to do, and then email him back copying her, and tell him " Kathy and I have already discussed this. Due to X reasons, we are only alloting one hour to the program this summer. Please let us know which hour you would like or we will choose one for you."

Unfortunately I've already given him the reason's we were shortening the time frame.

He has little man syndrome. He talks way different to Phil (front desk guy) than he does to any woman I've ever seen him interact with.

I can't wait to talk to Boss tomorrow about this..lol

• Options
    I used to run the donations department for my company, and I still help out when I have time because it's overwhelming and I have experience with it... I soooooooooo know how you feel.  There are so many times that customers are just unhappy that something didn't go their way that the first thing they ask for is the manager.  I find that a lot of times it's just the persons fault and they are pissed at themselves so they want to do whatever they can to get what they want.
  • Options
    What a moron. I'm glad your boss is on your side!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh. after all that time of him not getting back to you, i would have told him no classes at all.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"