Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Neck control Q

I can't remember when my DDs had good head/neck control but was wondering around what age this happens? My DS still bows his head into his neck whenever we have him propped up or with assisted sitting...
Any tips on what you do to help with strengthening the neck? Or is that something to expect to happen when he's a bit older? He'll be 4 mo. on the 11th.

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Neck control Q

• Options

My LO just turned 4 months on Sunday. She will still put her head to her neck at times, but she is starting to be able to hold it up better, and for longer. I try and have her "sit up" it between my legs (or wherever) and hold toys up so she has to reach out for them and keep her head high, rather than the toys being on the floor. 

• Options
    A will hold her head up when she wants to.  She does better being held, like straddling a knee, because she likes that position and is interested.  Tummy time, negative.  Hates the bumbo so far too.  In-laws bought her a walker this weekend and she loves it and will look all around.  When she's tired or just don't want to do it she will lean her head back or slump forward.  She's 4 months old. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just keep him in a more upright position such as in his bumbo, jumperoo, or on our knees or lap. We will also hold his toys up above his head or at eye level when playing with him. I think that this helps develop the neck muscles more but I also think it just takes some time; they will get better at it as they age and get more neck exercise. He will still bobble his head when he starts to get tired. We started with the bumbo for 5 minutes per day and now sometimes at daycare he will sit in it for 30 mins. 
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Within the last 2 weeks DD has gotten much better with head control.  She loves to be held upright (like on my hip, but not really since she's so little) and look around.  She does good in the Bumbo and tummy time can lift her head and shoulders up to look around.  I feel like it was overnight that she was able to do it.

She'll be 4 months on the 6th.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"