November 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone using the Bumbo?

LO loves being held in a sitting position, but I'm trying to decide if the Bumbo is worth the money. Thoughts on yours?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone using the Bumbo?

• Options
    Well... I made a post in 0-3 a week or so ago asking if it was fine to use it now that she has good head control and they all freaked me out about it. I was still set on trying it for a few minutes at a time but DH thought we should wait a few more weeks. My friend's 5 month old came over this weekend so I whipped it out for him to sit in.. he played with his toes for a little while then started crying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO is 9 weeks and loves her bumbo. We sit on the floor with her in it and play with her toys or watch one of us in the kitchen, but she has great head control which is why we brought it out. At this point it's only good for 5 minutes or so, but with time it'll increase. I think it's worth it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

LO is 11 weeks and we've been using it for about a week - I sit right with him and shadow his head.  We use it since he also loves being in the sitting position.  He LOVES it!!  The first time we put him in there he had the biggest grin and started laughing.  He looked so proud of himself for sitting by himself.  It was super cute :)

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image?
  • Options
    Lately Carter has been in this mood where if he can't see me or isn't being held is is crying, so one day I sat him in his bumbo and he did the dishes with me! He loved it! I kept a real close eye on him and watched his head, I also put him in his saucer and jumperoo too but keep a close eye on him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageksuggitt:
    Lately Carter has been in this mood where if he can't see me or isn't being held is is crying, so one day I sat him in his bumbo and he did the dishes with me! He loved it! I kept a real close eye on him and watched his head, I also put him in his saucer and jumperoo too but keep a close eye on him.

DS has used the bumbo for about 2 weeks now..we try it out every couple days. He has great head control & loves to sit upright, so I decided to see what he would do. He only likes it for a few minutes right now & then he's done. DH & I sat him in the jumperoo last week & HE LOVED IT! I feel like he's growing up too fast Sad

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    DD has been using hers for about a week now. DH and I stay with her the whole time and it only lasts a few minutes but she does really well. I figure it will help her work on head control a little since she's not a fan of tummy time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    My SIL gave us hers because her son outgrew it.  We use it every once in a while.  DD loves it.  I just watch her to make sure she is holding her head ok.  She is only lasting about 5-10 minutes before she gets to tired for it now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We also got one from my SIL. DS will sit in it for a little while when we play with toys. He usually does pretty good in it.
  • Options
    We've had one for a little over a week now. DS loves it for about ten minutes and then he normally wants out.
  • Options

We haven't used ours yet, maybe I'll break it out now hearing everyones positive posts.  I will say that DS#1 loved it.  We'd bring it with us on trips to use instead of a bulky highchair (if you have the tray attachment too).  We used it for a long time.

Maybe see if you can buy one second hand?  I've seen them before for $10.  Google kids consignment sales in your area or try craigslist?

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DD likes it a lot. She only sits in it for a few minutes at a time though because she's still a little bit of a bobble head. :)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Right now I mostly just use the Bumbo when I take a shower with DD that way I can set her down so that I can wash myself too. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! DS has really good head control, and I like the idea of trying to find a second-hand one just in case he doesn't like it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"