Cloth Diapering

Rec Your Wool Routine

I'm not loving my wool routine and am looking for some ideas. The routine I have was recommended to me by some web site (or maybe a YouTube video):

1) Johnson & Johnson: I hand wash the wool covers using Johnson & Johnson baby body wash/shampoo. Rinse them and roll them in a dry towel to get excess water out.

2) Lanolin: Then, I melt lanolin in a mug of hot water (via microwave) and pour that into a sink of lukewarm water where I then soak the covers (and twirl them around in the water chasing the lanolin around). When that's done, I roll them in a dry towel and hang them to dry.

The good thing about my process is it is stuff I already had around the house. However, I'm not convinced that it is the most effective method, and I don't like that it's two steps.

Is there a one-step process? What product (specifically) do you use? What are wool bars? Do they wash and lanolize in one step? TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rec Your Wool Routine

• Plug the sink, put in 1/2 inch lanolin.  Turn on hot water for a few seconds and melt the lanolin.  Pour in some wool wash, turn water to lukewarm.  Put in cover, squeeze it a few times.  Let it soak until I remember to get back to it; 20 min-several hours.  Roll in a dry towel and hang to dry.
  • 1. Fill sink with cold water. Add wool

2. Boil water, pour onto nugget of Allioop combo wool wash/lanolin. Dissolve, pour into sink

3. Swish, let sit, drain, roll wool in towel

Walla

• Loading the player...
  • imagetarahnpaul:
    Plug the sink, put in 1/2 inch lanolin.  Turn on hot water for a few seconds and melt the lanolin.  Pour in some wool wash, turn water to lukewarm.  Put in cover, squeeze it a few times.  Let it soak until I remember to get back to it; 20 min-several hours.  Roll in a dry towel and hang to dry.
    Which wool wash? Do you have a favorite lanolin that you think works better than others? I can't decide if I like Medela's (it's easier to squeeze out of the tube) or Lansinoh's (it just feels more lanolin-y).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Rinse wool in cold water, drain.

Fill sink with warm water, add Naturally Luxe wool wash

Add wool and swish, let sit

Drain, roll wool in towel, lay flat to dry.

• Fill baby bathtub with warm water and a few squirts of cjs wool wash, swish wool around, let sit for 1/2 an hour, drain, fill again with warm water, melt a little sheepish grins lanolin in hot water, add to tub, swish wool around, let sit for at least 1/2 an hour, drain, roll in towel, lay flat to dry.

I do 2 steps but don't mind.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also do 2 steps.  In tepid water I soak the wool for 5 mins.  Then I rinse it, and add it to a sink with baby wash (I don't use wool wash) and lanolin (that I disolved in hot hot water) and soak for another 10 minutes.  I do not do another soak in clean water.  Rinse, roll in towel, hang to dry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"