December 2011 Moms
Options

Help with Napping

My dd is an awesome night sleeper, but she doesn't nap very well during the day.  I know I've read on here the "milkshake" approach, but can't remember what that is - can someone teach it to me?  I think it's where you just put her on your shoulder and bounce?  If so, I've done that and I swear she becomes more alert that way.  TIA.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help with Napping

• Options

Right there with you- E is a horrible napper. 

The "milkshake" thing I've heard of is basically what you described. I hold her up against my chest and kind of jiggle her around. Sometimes it works, sometimes she thinks it's a fun game.

She'll fall asleep in either the moby or the ergo- the problem with that is she'll wake up again within 15 minutes of being transfered to her bed.

The only guaranteed way I've gotten her to sleep is to take her for a walk in her stroller. If we get a nice day and I can take her out, then she'll sleep for several hours.

Good luck and hopefully something will work for you!  

BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I just sit lo in the boppy right beside me while I watch tv and she is out
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you have a swing? When my DD is looking tired I put her in the swing and she's sleeping within 5 minutes. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageemd2887:

The "milkshake" thing I've heard of is basically what you described. I hold her up against my chest and kind of jiggle her around. Sometimes it works, sometimes she thinks it's a fun game.

She'll fall asleep in either the moby or the ergo- the problem with that is she'll wake up again within 15 minutes of being transfered to her bed.

The only guaranteed way I've gotten her to sleep is to take her for a walk in her stroller. If we get a nice day and I can take her out, then she'll sleep for several hours.

I live in Louisianna and we generally have nice days where we can go out and walk.  Is it bad that when she falls asleep in her carseat I will leave her in there until she wakes up?  I know that sounds like a silly question, but I feel like she's so cramped in that tiny area.

• Options
    aimalama, I do the same thing! If he falls asleep in there, there is no way I'm going to disturb him to take him out! He's so happy napping in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageaimalama:
    imageemd2887:

I live in Louisianna and we generally have nice days where we can go out and walk.  Is it bad that when she falls asleep in her carseat I will leave her in there until she wakes up?  I know that sounds like a silly question, but I feel like she's so cramped in that tiny area.

I'm of the opinion never to disturb a sleeping baby. I figure if she's uncomfortable she'll wake up. 

BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"