3rd Trimester
Options

Jealous of my doctor...

Yesterday at my appointment I asked my doctor if she had children. She said yes and that she had all 3 of them naturally. I was surprisingly jealous of this. My original plan was to go as natural as possible but after getting diagnosed with pre-e that isn't possible. My doctor wants to induce me at 37 weeks and has told me that my chance of c-section goes up to 30-40% with my situation. I kind of feel like my choice to go natural has been taken away from me. I know the important thing is that myself and the baby are both healthy but I still can't get rid of this feeling. SO doesn't really understand so I just needed to vent to you ladies. Thanks for listening. Hope your week is going well!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Jealous of my doctor...

• Options

I totally understand that it sucks to be thrown a curveball like that when it comes to your labor/delivery plans.  I had GD and blood pressure issues with my first, and had to be induced at 40 weeks.  I was lucky and had a vaginal delivery (it was never my plan to have a med-free birth though).

I know you know this, but just remember that the most important thing is that you have a healthy baby and a healthy mommy at the end, no matter how your baby is delivered.  Good luck!

Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Options

I am TOTALLY with you!!! I'll be induced either this Thursday at 36w5d or Monday at 37w2d (all depends on 24-hour urine test results). My mw basically said that I would have to labor in bed with very little getting up to walk around.

I too wanted a natural birth, or at least the option, but was once again told I would basically HAVE to take the epidural because it would significantly lower by blood pressure.

The only that has gotten me through all this though, is that at the end of the labor process, I will be holding my little one. That's all that really matters. No matter how I get there. 

Baby #2 - BFP 6/13/2014 - EDD 2/17/2015 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get jealous of anyone who hasn't had a c/s!  I think that's natural when you plan one thing and get another.  But at least you can take some comfort in knowing that you have a real medical condition that does require medical intervention.  You're not one of the ones who are induced just because.  You really are doing what is best for LO and yourself.  A friend's sister was induced a couple weeks ago for pre-e and she had a successful vaginal delivery.  So keep your hopes up that will be the same for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Think about it this way, obviously your OB values natural deliveries and knows how important it is to you to delivery naturally. So, feel confident that if she recommends interventions, they are likely the best way to go. You can feel confident that you are doing the BEST thing for you and your baby, rather than just what is easy for the doctor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Loss #1 (missed miscarriage) 14 weeks Loss #2 (missed miscarriage) 10 weeks Loss #3 (chemical pregnancy) Loss #4 (chemical pregnancy) Loss #5 (chemical pregnancy)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"