Working Moms
Options

I miss daycare

It's January 31st and I'm already starting to worry about summer camps for DD. Supposedly slots fill up super quicky so you have to be on the ball. Most camps are a week long and 9am-3pm max. I really don't want to have to do a before or after camp care at yet another location. So I'm coordinating with a friend to try to get her daughter (a year older) and DD into the same camps so we can trade drop offs and pick ups.

We're looking at a Zoo camp, Nature camp, Soccer camp, ahhh! I miss the days of being able to drop her off at 8am and pick her up at 5:30pm. These will be more fun for her, but more stressful for us!

Re: I miss daycare

• Options
    Do you have a YMCA nearby? Ours has camps all summer long, and they provide care before and after camp start times for free. There's basic camps, and then they have some different activity camps also.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    There is a YMCA downtown, but it's kind of out of the way. That sounds like a great set up! I am looking into the boys and girls club (which has weekly programs) and there is also a daycare near us that has a summer program (on a monthly basis) geared towards school aged kids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"