January 2012 Moms
Options

CP: How many times does LO wake you up overnight?

LO is 8 days old and wakes me up about every 15 minutes... the longest stretch I've gotten is an hour of sleep at a time overnight.  Just trying to see how this compares, and how do you remedy this?!?  I feel like everyone else is sleeping great since they have to set an alarm just to wake their baby up for feedings.  I'm so sleep deprived... I do feed him for about 30-40 minutes every 2 hours overnight and check his diaper as needed.  I don't know how else to just keep him from fussing so often!  [Poll]
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: CP: How many times does LO wake you up overnight?

• Options

My son is 4 weeks old and feeds at 10pm, then sleeps til around 2am, and rests/sleeps after that feeding until 6am. Occasionally he becomes fussy sooner if we haven't gotten a good burp after the feeding, but he's great at sleeping for 3 1/2 hour stretches at night.

I don't give him the pacifier anymore at night because if it fell out of his mouth he'd scream until we put it back in. If I don't give it to him after a feeding he falls asleep fine and stays asleep longer. 

• Options
    imageLoveToTeach25:

My son is 4 weeks old and feeds at 10pm, then sleeps til around 2am, and rests/sleeps after that feeding until 6am. Occasionally he becomes fussy sooner if we haven't gotten a good burp after the feeding, but he's great at sleeping for 3 1/2 hour stretches at night.

I don't give him the pacifier anymore at night because if it fell out of his mouth he'd scream until we put it back in. If I don't give it to him after a feeding he falls asleep fine and stays asleep longer. 

Ditto this 100% except DD is just under 2 weeks old.

DD usually has her last "evening feed" around 9-10pm, and she'll sleep for 3 1/2-4 hours from that point to her next feed. And then the same until her early morning feed.

We also don't do a pacifier for the same reason. If it falls out she notices and wakes up. No pacifier and she sleeps like a baby.  

DD 1.18.2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She's two weeks old now but when she was a week and under, it was as often as yours.  It's gotten so much better.  She's cluster feeding more between the hours of 5PM and 10 PM and after she wakes up between 8AM and 10 AM.  But when we go to sleep, she has been sleeping for two to three hours at a time which has been nice.  So, I'd say give it a bit of time and it may adjust itself.  
  • Options

DD typically takes a bottle around 10:00pm, another between 12:30-1:00am, and then will sleep until 5:00-6:00am.  After that bottle she'll go back down for another 1.5-2.5 hours.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Options

Does your LO sleep longer through the day? Maybe his days/nights are mixed up?

My little guy was like that for the first week or two and then we managed to flip it so he's more work during the day, but sleeps longer at night. (Kept the lights low, no talking or playing at night and then woke him up to play in the morning, encouraged frequent feeding during the day, bath time, etc.)

He is now 4 weeks and tends to be up from about 9 - 12 and then eats and goes down until about 3. Then up at 5:30 - 6ish and then down until about 8 or 9am. Not great, but better than it was and the important part for me is that he goes down quickly after the feedings. He used to be awake alllll freaking night. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DS is a week old and I had the same problem at first. He had his days and nights mixed up. What we did is kept it really bright during the day and "played" with him and at night we kept it real dark and swaddled him right before his bedtime feed. Now he's eating around 10 sleeping until 1 or 2 then back to sleep until 530 or so. Just try to show the difference between night and day and it should work out. GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

SS because it changes so often. Yes, at first she did wake up more often at night and slept the best in late morning, early afternoon. The past week she was staying awake with no sleep(for me or her) from 10pm to 4am and was very fussy. We now have marked several signs that she is already teething. Woohoo! But last night she slept for her longest stretch ever. FOUR HOURS! I really hope this means she has finally flipped her days and nights to where they should be.

Don't get too discouraged, because their patterns change so much at this age. I did notice that it helped to let her receive a good dose of sunlight. I open all the blinds and she goes nuts. I think this is what's helping her sleep more at night now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the advice... last night, he let me sleep soundly straight from midnight to 2:30 a.m., and I was soooooo happy!  I'm definitely going to try to do feedings every two hours during the day and see if that helps today... also having all the blinds open and seeing how that goes.  I do hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My first two girls were TERRIBLE sleepers as newborns...I was up every hour for months. It was crazy-making!

Bonnie is definitely my best sleeper at night so far. She is usually down for the night sometime between 9-11. She is up once around 2-3 and again about 5-6, then she wakes up for the day around 8am, sometimes a bit earlier. She is awake for most of the day with small cat-naps and does most of her eating during the day.

Cambria, Keira, and Bonnie Quinn
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My LO sleeps at 3 to 4 hour stretches and she is slowly approaching 5 hours but thats only because she sleeps with me in bed and she likes to nuzzle my face while sleeping in the crook of my arm im guessing thats comforting
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"