TTC after 35

Giving up

After some price checking and credit checking I've discovered that no matter what I do at this point we won't be able to afford any treatment past the clomid I'm taking right now. Since they we don't have insurance they require payment for everything up front and even if save every penny I make it'll take me about two months just to get the blood work done. Going on that basis it will take at least two months for me to come up with the cash for anything, and as things progressively get more expensive I'm looking at years just to get the treatments that I need in one. My husband has consistently made sure that our credit stays in the crapper, which is why we've never been able to buy a house. So I don't even have that to pull equity from. It also means we'll never qualify to adopt or even foster kids. Not that I want to raise someone else's kid, but it would nice to at least have the chance to play mom for a while. 

So after this clomid is done, I'm done.  I wish everyone here the best of luck and hope you get baby soon. Take care and goodbye. 

Re: Giving up

• Julie, I don't know if you're still checking in or not, but wanted to say that, although we have insurance, it doesn't cover anything fertility-related. The real kick to the pants is that the insurance I had from my job (resigned because of cancer treatment) would have covered everything! 

It's really, really sad that finances have an influence on health care.

In my research, I've found that some fertility centers do work out payment plans with their patients, if that's something you'd like to consider.

I sincerely wish you the very best of luck. 

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Beat stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma May 2011, YEAH!!!

BFP 3/30/12, with fingers and toes all crossed.

AMA (37) + GD = HR, grr.

EDD 12.12.12

• imageJulie581:

After some price checking and credit checking I've discovered that no matter what I do at this point we won't be able to afford any treatment past the clomid I'm taking right now. Since they we don't have insurance they require payment for everything up front and even if save every penny I make it'll take me about two months just to get the blood work done. Going on that basis it will take at least two months for me to come up with the cash for anything, and as things progressively get more expensive I'm looking at years just to get the treatments that I need in one. My husband has consistently made sure that our credit stays in the crapper, which is why we've never been able to buy a house. So I don't even have that to pull equity from. It also means we'll never qualify to adopt or even foster kids. Not that I want to raise someone else's kid, but it would nice to at least have the chance to play mom for a while. 

So after this clomid is done, I'm done.  I wish everyone here the best of luck and hope you get baby soon. Take care and goodbye. 

I am sorry you are facing a tough financial situation, but I don't think foster or adoptive parents consider it "raising someone else's kid" or "playing mom". I hope you didn't mean it this way, but this is a very insensitive thing to say. I would love any child in my home, now matter how they got there.

If your husband is responsible for your poor credit rating, it might be time to evaluate your finances as a family and make sure both of your priorities are in order. Making positive changes now can clean up your credit enough to afford financing in about 2 years. 

Best of luck to you on your journey. 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"