Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

What shampoo/body wash are you using for your toddler?

I've used Aveeno since she was born, but hearing all of the nasty ingredients that J&J puts in it has me on the hunt for something new. I was all set to buy California Baby and then read about the changes to ingredients. It still seems like a better option, and I really don't know what else to use at this point that would be considered more safe.

Any suggestions? Do you still use "baby" wash for your toddler?

Re: What shampoo/body wash are you using for your toddler?

• Options
    We still use the Johnson's baby stuff.  I know there are "all these chemicals" and stuff, but I guess in the scheme of everything, it's not something I choose to worry about.  But yeah, we still use the "baby" version.  Don't really need to, but we do. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I use a shampoo called Original Sprout (I get it from a Cool Cuts 4 Kids) or their shampoo that cleans out chlorine (DD has swim lessons).  For body wash, I use Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser because while not a baby formula, it was recommended by our pedi dermatologist to help with the kids' eczema.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use Kinky Curly shampoo and conditioner and Johnson and Johnson Shea and Cocoa Butter body wash.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I use Eucerin (sp) We tried using Aveeno or J and J, but with his Eczema,  he has broken out in a rash with both brands.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We switched from the J&J brand to Burts Bee's.  I'm not thrilled with the smell though.

• Options
    Still using Aveeno baby wash.
  • Options

I would check the Skin Deep Database.  There are loads of brands that make natural, pure products without all of the nasty chemicals.

We use Baby Oh Baby wash by Rainbow Research.  Got it at Whole Foods.

BabyFruit Ticker TTC #2 since March 2010. 2 LOSSES ... c/p - Dec 2010. Ectopic - March 2011. Me: 35; DH: 34 DX: DOR, egg quality issues ; DH - all normal FSH 10.1, Estradiol 21.8, AMH 0.49 IVF #1 (Oct/Nov 2011) (Antagonist with BCP's)- 5R, 0 eggs to transfer CD3 b/w by same RE 1/2012: FSH 6, AMH 1.4...wtf?? IVF #2 (Apr 2012) EPP/Antagonist with ICSI - 10R, 7M, 6 ICSI'd, 2F. 3DT = BFN AMH tested by new RE 6/2012 - 2! Saving money for IVF #3. Started a ton of supplements in May 2012 and hoping for a miracle! SURPRISE BFP!! (October 2012)
  • Options
  • Options

Aveeno baby wash...we're almost through our last bottle from her baby shower 2.5 years ago.  I might switch her onto something else although I'm not sure what at the moment.  I'd like to try something else with my son, he's due up in the next few weeks or so.

For shampoo I'm using Loreal's toddler shampoo.  It smells so good.  I'm sure it's packed with all sorts of nasty chemicals but I love the smell.

• Options
    Yes to Carrots shampoo/body wash and Burts Bees bubble bath.

• Options

This week, we're trying the foaming shampoo from Say Yes to Carrots. It was on sale at Target. :)

Usually it's Burt's Bees. I still use their combination wash/shampoo for both my girls.  

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options
    Burt's Bees, fragrance free.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Sauve 2 in 1 for her hair.  Usually just use whatever soap I am using or finishing up a big pink bottle of J&J moisture care baby wash.

I stopped using J&J baby shampoo because of the chemical concerns.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker~ Diagnosed with PCOS in March 2009. Taking Metfomin for insulin resistance and irregular cycles/ovulation. Had healthy baby girl in Jan 2010 via C-Section (HTN and Breech Presentation).
    ~ Miscarry at 8 weeks with D&C in May 2011 (low progesterone).
    ~ Had a healthy baby girl in June 2012 via C-Section (on prometrium to sustain).
    ~ Surprise pregnancy at age 40!  Baby boy due April 26, 2021 (took prometrium to sustain once pregnancy was confirmed, 3rd C-Section planned).  
  • Options
    California baby soap/shampoo...it smells yummy, not drying (we wash and shampoo daily) and supposedly all natural!
  • Options
    Burt's Bees. I actually like the smell.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"